Halo 4 moders!!!!

Hello everyone,

I am worried SO BAD because I played with a few people and then it turns out they have a whole lot of mods and they say that 343 allows modding on halo 4 and then they said they got those mods from halo waypoint. So my question is was I effected in any way and FYI you know how at the end of the game you receive a small amount of credits well where those like contamination to my account?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

As I know 343 doesn't have any problems with modded maps or gametypes in custom games... If you use mods in matchmaking you will get banned...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello, No modding is not allowed through Microsoft or on xbox live. And no you were not contaminated by any mods another user may have been utilizing. If you were playing a pc version of this game however, modding is viewed much differently in the community. In fact it is encouraged, as more of an open source platform. Modding on xbox is not allowed. I do not even personally feel it should be legal to purchase "rapid fire" controllers on E-Bay, and feel it is egregious for players to do things such as that.

I can assure you that you will not be affected. Simple frustration is about as much as you will encounter. Most mods players use distract the user too much for it to even really be game breaking. Most are for esthetics, but none the less NOT acceptable.

I will re-iterate, you wil not be deemed "guilty by association" by falling victim to this when playing a match. I personally do not even leave the matches and view it more of a challenge. Hoping that beating them regardless of their mods may some how lessen their desire to use them in the first place.

to no avail. We live in a very NOW environment. Most players do not want to spend the time ( or dont have the time to spend) on building up skill and a character's skills within a game. So they find any means necessary to advance or bypass all roadblocks. at one time Lagtiming was a huge issue with games. World At War became a cespool for esthetic mods that I believe regulators all but gave up sifting through the mud to clean it up.

Please feel assured that you, your account, and your Halo 4 profile is safe however. Just report them, rate them, and move on. Try not to get tied up in a message war with them, it is part of what they want. Just to anger and upset the people around them you may say "they just want to see the world burn"

Sorry this didn't help.

I was shocked at first and after i knew they had modded maps I just said why not fiddle around with it so I gave in for awhile then I left and immediately removing them

Sorry this didn't help.

You cannot be banned for unknowingly playing in a modded custom game. Also, any XP you earned as a result of playing I assure you was not manipulated or contaminated in any way, so don't worry about getting falsely banned for it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry new to the forums. I don't think I clicked the check mark saying this is a suggested answer.

reposting my response.

Hi, I did some research on your question. I believe this link will be very helpful. It says Xbox does NOT allow mods. But if you had a PC version of Halo there is no issue. I don't believe the credits you receive at the end of the round will affect your game or make anything corrupt. I think the form of modding allowed on Halo and Xbox would be something like the Forge, where you can create your own maps and games. Hope this helped.

Link --->  halo.wikia.com/.../Modding

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I did some research on your question. I believe this link will be very helpful. It says Xbox does NOT allow mods. But if you had a PC version of Halo there is no issue. I don't believe the credits you receive at the end of the round will affect your game or make anything corrupt. I think the form of modding allowed on Halo and Xbox would be something like the Forge, where you can create your own maps and games. Hope this helped.

Link --->  halo.wikia.com/.../Modding

Sorry this didn't help.