Halo 4 matchmaking troubles

I can't seem to play any online matchmaking games in Halo 4.  It lets me join a match, vote for the map, but when it loads (I see the spinning UNSC eagle) it takes me to the Halo 4 start screen. I cannot play campaign either. 

Recent issues which may be related:

A couple days ago my profile disappeared from my Xbox and it would not download.  I had to download it onto a friend's Xbox and then transfer it over via flash drive.  The profile was corrupted, so I deleted it and managed to coerce my Xbox into finally downloading it directly.  It doesn't act corrupted anymore and I managed to play one match online before it started failing again (in the same manner described above). I also tried downloading the first disc onto my hard drive (as suggested by several other posts on various forums) and it did nothing.

PLEASE HELP!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 38 Applies to:

Have you tried a system restore or tried installing the game directly onto the Xbox? If you have any other LIVE or Gold-enabled users on the console, try using them on Halo 4 matchmaking. I'll further look into these difficulties.

--Styx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Altair!

The first step I would take to solving the problem is trying to play a different game on your profile, preferably one with multiplayer capabilities. If you have a game like Gears of War or something that you can try to play both the campaign and multiplayer on your profile, that would give us a hint as to whether the problem lies with Halo 4 or with your profile/console.

If the problem is only with Halo 4, I would try deleting the title update for Halo 4 (under Storage in the System hub on your dashboard), clearing your system cache (use this guide to see how to clear your Xbox 360 system cache), then putting Halo 4 back in your console. It will prompt you to download the title update again, which should fix your problem! You can also try clearing your cache then dowloading your profile again as another troubleshooting step.

Definitely post back and let us know how that works for you! 

Sorry this didn't help.

Gears of War 3 matchmaking worked fine.

I cleared the system cache (thanks for the link) and it seems to work! It did not prompt me to download the title update again but I can play Halo matchmaking and campaign again! Woohoo!

THANKS A MILLION!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

I still get taken back to the title screen. I really don't know what to do.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Poo Master. If you could go ahead and create a new thread, detailing your issue a bit more, that would be awesome. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.