Halo 4 is great, but I don't understand somethings

I love the game, 343 did a great job. The multiplayer is fantastic, from the spartan ops to matchmaking. The campaign is great from what I have played. This game could have been the ultimate Halo if they just would have included firefights, brutes in the campaign, online-coop campaign, and brute weapons for multiplayer. You have all these great tools that have been carefully implemented in previous games and worked well. Why not put them in this Halo and make the most complete, ultimate Halo ever? That's the only thing that bothers me about this game.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Firefight wasn't good enough to really damage Halo much by not including it. Brutes wouldn't make sense story-wise. Brute weapons in multiplayer would be too much with the Covie, human, and Forerunner weapons already there.

^ Chompski is right, and besides there is still time for all that in the games to come. As far as I'm concerned they did a great job of implementing all the characteristics of the Covie, Human, and Forerunner weapons into all aspects of the game, and besides they did leave in one of the most favored Brute weapons; the Grav Hammer! I think if they would have put everything else in, it might have been a bit too much to handle, especially with the other modifications done to the game.

I disagree. I've always believed more variety or choice is a good thing. I for 1 would've loved to have seen the brute weapons & firefight options in addition to everything we already have.

-

I miss the spiker, brute shot, smg, grenade launcher, plasma rifle, plasma repeater, & other weapons I forgot to mention...

Variety is great, but many of the weapons have been replaced with newer versions, or at least copied over into newer versions in both Covie and Forerunner forms, or a combination. The Plasma Repeater can now be looked as the Storm Rifle, the Mauler as the Boltshot, SMG and Spiker as the SAW and Suppressor, and so on in various combinations depending on how you choose to look at it. Besides, consideration also needs to be taken for new players to the series who have only ever played Halo 4, now they get some of the old and the new.

Granted, of course I will miss some of the older weapons, but I'm hopeful that they won't be forgotten and maybe even brought back!

...didn't you read? Brutes are gone, vamos, ousted.

Variety is still key, and dual wielding needs to come back also. Halo 2 in my opinion is still my favorite for online. That game rocked in matchmaking. Firefights were awesome too. I feel Halo 4 has lost ways to play with your friends against the enemies of the game, not other halo players, i.e matchmaking.

[quote user="SZG Ranger"]

Variety is great, but many of the weapons have been replaced with newer versions, or at least copied over into newer versions in both Covie and Forerunner forms, or a combination. The Plasma Repeater can now be looked as the Storm Rifle, the Mauler as the Boltshot, SMG and Spiker as the SAW and Suppressor, and so on in various combinations depending on how you choose to look at it. Besides, consideration also needs to be taken for new players to the series who have only ever played Halo 4, now they get some of the old and the new.

Granted, of course I will miss some of the older weapons, but I'm hopeful that they won't be forgotten and maybe even brought back!

[/quote]

Plasma Repeater > Plasma Rifle > Storm Rifle (old to new).

[quote user="CHRYSOKOS RTG"]

I love the game, 343 did a great job. The multiplayer is fantastic, from the spartan ops to matchmaking. The campaign is great from what I have played. This game could have been the ultimate Halo if they just would have included firefights, brutes in the campaign, online-coop campaign, and brute weapons for multiplayer. You have all these great tools that have been carefully implemented in previous games and worked well. Why not put them in this Halo and make the most complete, ultimate Halo ever? That's the only thing that bothers me about this game.[/quote]

Didnt they include online co-op I dont think you can matchmake the Co-op but there is online.

I'll have to check on that. I thought I heard gamespot said there is no online co-op. Maybe you can invite your friends though. Which is all I care about.

You can invite your friends into your campaign but there is no co-op matchmaking system for it other than in spartan ops.