Halo 4 ending

i wondered about whats going to happen next and i want to hear everyone opinion as to whether "will we finally see his full face"? or is here another secret behind it all

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

What JOhns face? Why??? no need and there are other posts about this.

Not seeing Master Chiefs face is what makes Master Chief awesome!

Master Chief's face? Next you'll want to hear Link's singing voice or see Mario shave his face.

Not that I'm weighing in either side of it... it doesn't matter all that much to me if they do or do not, it won't change how I feel about the series... but with the direction 343i seems to be wanting to take things, I wouldn't be surprised if it did eventually happen. Not saying it will, just saying I won't be surprised or in a rage if they do.

[quote user="Undeadfire Zero"]

Not seeing Master Chiefs face is what makes Master Chief awesome!

[/quote]

I thought saving all life in the universe from being eradicated by the Halo installations was what made MC so awesome. 

-

The whole not-showing-John's-face thing worked for Combat Evolved. Combat Evolved was not a character driven game, it was an action driven game. It makes a lot of sense to make the player feel like they're the protagonist in a game like that. However, after the immense popularity of Combat Evolved this entire universe of lore and backstory popped up. Halo may have started as "generic cyborg saves universe from aliens", but by the time Halo 2 came out the Halo universe was fully fleshed-out. 

-

Master Chief went from being a generic faceless stand-in for the player, to being a character in and of himself. He has backstory, he's saved the galaxy, his name is on everyone's lips. Master Chief can no longer represent the player because he has transcended his originally intended role. Once you've realized this it seems pretty silly to make a big deal about them showing his face. No one complains that John McLane doesn't wear a ski-mask in Die Hard. No one complains that Maverick takes off his helmet in Top Gun. Master Chief should be no different, but some people's heads just explode at the thought of 343 choosing to reveal his face. 

-

At this point it's getting pretty stupid to not show his face. Is he Master Chief, or is he Wilson from Home Improvement? We've seen the faces of every other major character in the Halo universe. MC has been wearing that helmet for 11 years. Give him a break. 

@ Jaximus.

Thanks for putting it in that context. I remember reading an article (maybe a few) that insinuated the reason for Bungie leaving MC 'faceless' throughout their time with the series is that people related to him in a way they couldn't with most other game characters.

Since he was 'faceless' it was easy for us, as gamers, to 'be him' as opposed to most other game characters with a face, which limited gamers to 'assuming his role'. That level of relating to him has a lot of appeal, obviously. Of course, this ideal is only going to last so long. As you've said, the story, the lore... all that is Halo has evolved to the point where it's time for MC to transcend this boundary. It really is a limitation if you think about it. How can we experience a deeper, richer and more involved universe, story... person... in a way that will continue to be new and interesting if we have to keep doing so as a faceless main character?

what if its a woman, with a voice filter, making her sound like a him? kinda like dead space (ipad version) and Metroid?   i would *** a BRICK

If you beat the campaign solo on Legnedary you can clearly tell it's a man lol.

Oops, Legendary*. And come to think of it, MC's face kind of looks like Lasky. You can only see from the middle of the bridge of his nose and up and it looks like he hasn't slept in days.

Could be a woman on roids.