Halo 3 system link on XBOX LIVE

Hi, My friends have set up a system link custom game on halo 3 at their house. 
We were wondering if I could join the game, even if I'm not at their house connected to their xbox's. We all are connected to xbox live and each have our own gold account. Is there a way their system link party can play on xbox live, not just with each other?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Well.... if you are all on Xbox live, you shouldn't need to system link unless I missed something in your post. Sorry if I did.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That's what we thought. But we went through this long process of trying that. But whenever they tried to join a party together one of them would be kicked off of xbox live. We figured out that it had to with port triggering on his router. Then we found out his router doesn't allow him to port trigger. So now we are trying the system link. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh ok.

Well I would presume you could make it work, as splitscreen allows you to have multiple accounts signed into gold at the same time. Of course another solution is to use splitscreen but that's a bother and puts you at a disadvantage. On the other hand doing the system link might significantly slow down the players connect to the system link.

Have you tried letting him host the party, it might work?

Sorry this didn't help.