Halo 3 System Link not playable with 4GB slim

So I just bought halo 3 for my new xbox I got free with the new student laptop xbox deal.  I wen to a friend to play multi-player split screen and it turns out the 4GB is not compatible to play system link co-op... This kinda frustrates me as I kinda was drawn to the xbox (I am a PC gamer and PS3 player normally) due to xbox multiplayer.  The ad for this deal on TV even uses halo as a selling point (The fridge versus master chief)  I don't know about you all but it kinda seems like false advertising a bit drawing users in with halo and then saying, "oh that xbox isn't compatible you need to buy a $120 thing to play a $20 game which needs a $10 monthly fee to enjoy half of the experience." 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Yep, as you've discovered Halo 3 requires a hard drive for a lot of its functions and unfortunately the 4gb internal flash memory doesn't count.

So really your only choices are to pay out for the 250gb hard drive, trade your Slim in for an older model 360 that comes with a hard drive (though it's quite hard to find a new one and buying second hand is fraught with risks) or just sell it on and make a little money.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.