Halo 2

Im going to borrow Halo 2 for the original xbox from a friend on monday and I have a few questions about Halo 2's compatibilies with the xbox 360 slim 250g hd. First off: Will I experience any sound or audio issues while playing certain modes of Halo 2; Second: Will Halo 2 actually work on the xbox 360 slim 250g hd?; Third: Will I have to download a certain update to get Halo 2 to work properly?; 4: Some people are talking about a backwards compatibility thing that can be installed to the xbox. Will I have to get it?; Lastly: Is Xbox Live still supported on Halo 2, and if probobly not, what modes of gameplay on Halo 2 are still available?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

Halo 2 should work fine. You might have to DL a quick update. Halo 2 servers closed last year so no more on-line i am afraid.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ater clearing system cache, I need the compatibility update again. However, it hangs the system when loading an original disc and the update is no longer on support.xbox.com.  Am I missing something?

Sorry this didn't help.

Bob: just to clarify, you are having an issue when trying to play the game, not updating the console, correct? Do other Original games work on your console? Does your disc work on other consoles?

Sorry this didn't help.