Halo 2 Vista {PC} Offline Feb.15

Hello Well Halo 2 vista will be going down on Febuary of this year H2pc is the last source of fun for the game i know some of you hate this game but some love it to death like me and i dont want to play campaign for ever i want to play with friends onlin on windows live CTF MLG and stuff its old but shines bright so what i would like to see is this game to be fixed up and become a BIG part of the 343 and halo community so please fix the machmaking servers update it more and keep the game going its really fun and if you guys dont have it the i recommend you buy it from Amazon or Ebay its real easy to go online be with your friends in real time maches and enjoy some fun it only came out in 2007 and so did halo 3 so please make this game really REALLY Popular again now lets enjoy a couple hours of some halo 2 PC

P.S Dont shut off the servers just fix it up a little add more guns DLC and just make a new community Thanks!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

"P.S Dont shut off the servers just fix it up a little add more guns DLC".

I cannot understand why people say this. It's as though they think the game won't change if this happens, not that it would ever happen.

[quote user="XxFireKinglllXx"]

Hello Well Halo 2 vista will be going down on Febuary of this year H2pc is the last source of fun for the game i know some of you hate this game but some love it to death like me and i dont want to play campaign for ever i want to play with friends onlin on windows live CTF MLG and stuff its old but shines bright so what i would like to see is this game to be fixed up and become a BIG part of the 343 and halo community so please fix the machmaking servers update it more and keep the game going its really fun and if you guys dont have it the i recommend you buy it from Amazon or Ebay its real easy to go online be with your friends in real time maches and enjoy some fun it only came out in 2007 and so did halo 3 so please make this game really REALLY Popular again now lets enjoy a couple hours of some halo 2 PC

P.S Dont shut off the servers just fix it up a little add more guns DLC and just make a new community Thanks!

[/quote]I'd imagine there will be more people that share your views on one of these forums...

Its not that everyone hates this game i just want it tpo become back into the community

So please agree that it shouldnt go down on Feb 15. and get some friends togather and play the game for while

How many people were still playing it to begin with though? Perhaps the news of a shut down created some new Halo 2 hype but weren't the servers pretty much dead?

Dude, like 20 people tops play Halo 2 PC online.  I'm pretty sure Halo 1 PC has more concurrent players.  It's not cost effective to keep the servers open.  You can still play on LAN when the servers close.  I'd be for keeping the servers open if the game actually had people playing, but it just doesn't.

It doesn't make sense for them to keep servers online for a game noone plays. The only reason people are playing it now are to get the achievements before the servers go off.

hardly anyone plays halo pc let alone halo 2.

People need to learn how to let things go. People also need to learn how to use periods, that's one long run on sentence in the OP.

[quote user="XxFireKinglllXx"]

[/quote]

There doesn't really need to be more DLC, there is tons of custom maps you can play on Halo 2 PC via the servers. Valhalla, Hollow, Guardian, Sol Wars, Boneyard... the list goes on. These maps are awesome and look great.

---

@JudgeBergan: Not everyone is playing it just for achievements. Many people already have them or don't care about them and just play the game because they enjoy it.

--

@UnyoBro: If your favorite online game of many years was announced it was going to be shut off, you wouldn't be emotional about it?

--

For me, Xbox LIVE was Halo 2. I would play the game all the time growing up and made so many amazing friends, which to this day there has never been a better online experience. Though I didn't play Halo 2 as much once Halo 3 came out, I still played it every now and then. When Xbox LIVE for Original Xbox was announced it was going to be shut off, I played Halo 2 almost every day.

--

Then I switched to Halo 2 PC and played it every now and then. Since the announcement was made I have been playing Halo 2 PC a lot more frequently. Before the announcement, there was definitely more than 20 people playing the game. After the announcement there are definitely more people online, a lot more.

I think some people didn't realize you could play Halo 2 PC on Windows 7, which is why it became more of a ghost town. By first downloading the Games For Windows Live client, installing it, and then installing Halo 2, the game works great. There's already 900+ signatures (as of this writing) on the Halo 2 PC petition to keep the game going. It would make sense to shut the game off if Game for Windows LIVE was being shut down, but it's not. Only this game is being singled out, and the way it was announced, at the bottom of a long blog post, was just a cold shoulder to the community.

--

There have been sequels to Halo 2, but none of them, in my opinion, are as good as Halo 2. The graphics still look great and it brings back a lot of great memories playing this game online still. Halo 2 PC was given an unfair chance, updates stopped a year after the game was released, and the marketing and confusion around the game made for a lower installed base.