Halo 2 starts fine on 360, but won't allow me to start campaign

So I've played Halo 2 on my brothers original 360 before, as well as other's and I know the game works fine.  I've have my own 360(original) now, and I'm borrowing my friends Halo 2 just to redo some campaign for fun.

I put in the disk and everything loads fine. I can sign in properly. I can have my friend sign in for coop properly. But once selecting campaign and then trying to select a level it gives me an error similar to "unable to start campaign" or something really similar.

It's flashes right underneath the picture of the level where the description should be. I can't start any level on single player, or coop. I know there are some scratches on my disk, could that be it? Or does anyone else seem to have this problem? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

yes

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Jaacqs,

Does your xbox 360 have an official Xbox 360 hard drive?

If it does, what you can do is delete the system update and redownload it. This is how you delete it.

System Settings > Memory > Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X > Yes

If you have can connect to live, just reconnect and you will be prompted to redownload the system update.

If you do not have live, then you will need to install the update from a cd or flash drive. This link will show you how to install from a cd or flash drive. support.xbox.com/.../system-updates-info

Hope this works.

Sorry this didn't help.

As above you need an official Microsoft hard drive as they are hard coded to play originals.

Have you followed all of the following forums.xbox.com/.../25.aspx

In addition please follow the link to see which original Xbox games can be played support.xbox.com/.../play-original-games

Sorry this didn't help.