Halo 2 PC not going down.... yet.

David Ellis at 343 tweeted, they've extended Halo 2's live support till June, while they investigate other options (possibly Steam support I hope): https://twitter.com/DavidEllis/status/301374494252101632

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Why don't they just make a HD remake!

Why don't they just keep making good Halo games!

Sweet! I have a chance!

Ahhh Halo 2 back when Halo had no loadouts and everyone started off equal with the mid-high range battle rifle, Halo 4 is all about sissy's taking cover behind something and picking people off with the mini sniper DMR for the whole match how disappointing.

I was just kind of joking in my post. But people are still going on with the DMR thing? I have barely used that thing and I rarely get killed by it. I don't see the appeal to it. It fires really slow.

I like Halo 4 I really do but the DMR is a little too good in my opinion not only does it dominate at long range it pretty much dominates in mid/close range as well granted it will probably lose to an assaut rifle up close but if you mess up just a tiny bit then a decent player with the DMR will for sure kill you and honestly you cant tell me that the DMR is not the best rifle to select, I play big team slayer mostly which is 8vs8 and out of those 16 players at least 12 players are using the DMR.

Over used =/= Overpowered. I've not used the DMR since day one since I just was so tired of the thing by the time Reach was done that I couldn't stand the sight of it. I use the carbine 90% of the time and it's rate of fire can outperform the DMR at any range so long as the DMR guy misses a shot. The DMR has a bit of an advantage at a range, but thats the point of the gun. The BR has bleed through, which I have been killed by a lot.

-

It's kind of like all of the people who complain "x is overpowered" in the call of duty forums when they just are well rounded. The other guns are good because they fit into niches. People just don't bother to find them.

ah, halo CE, when you started off with useless plasma rifles or assault rifles and the best normal weapon in the game was the pistol. good times.

I have no issue with the DMR being good at long distance my issue is that its just as good in mid/close range for example I have been in situations where im using an automatic weapon and I confront a DMR user and while I end up winning the confrontation i am left very close to death and that is were I disagree with Halo 4 an automatic rifle user should absolutely destroy a single shot rifle user up close.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"] I use the carbine 90% of the time and it's rate of fire can outperform the DMR at any range so long as the DMR guy misses a shot.[/quote]

• I disagree the carbine has too much recoil and takes too many shots too kill someone from far now at midrange I can sorta agree but you have to pretty much land all headshots.(which is why I use the jetpack/carbine combo)
  • The battle rifle is kinda hit and miss at long range it loses to the DMR and up close you might still lose.
  • The light rifle fires way too slow and the hit flinch is pretty high on this gun also when unscoped this gun might lose to everything else.

They can just release Halo 2 on Steam and switch the servers with VAC secured, that's all I can say.