Hacking, infected question

This is my problem, I do not know if you guys have come accross hacked lobbies but the last time I played mw2 I was playing some ffa.  The game ended and 4 people left, then the lobbie filled with a bunch of lvl 1 or 70's of various prestiges.  I failed to pay much attention and let the game start.  Just as the game started it ended with one person getting killed and while I was sitting in the lobbie a lvl one magically went to 70 and they reset.  I quickly left the lobbie and reported all people who appeared to be cheating.

I have looked for an answer everywhere, but nobody can tell me how you get infected, and if I may have been from being in that lobbie.  Has anyone been put into a hacked lobbie this way?  Since the incident I have not played mw2 since, and worry about people hacking my account.  Please put an end to hacking it has gotten out of control.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

HOLY BATMAN BIG SIG!

People can't hack you unless you give out your account info so you don't have to worry about that. Also, when the host has said infections he can pass them along to all players he has come in contact with. It's like a disease and a pack of bolo monkeys. One contracts a disease and every other monkey they come into contact with becomes infected almost immediately. Just like high schoolers....

There used to be the 10th lobbies but I dont think the Jtags are doing this online anymore. Any infected lobbies (like the speed lobbies etc) are spread from host to host, but your console will lose the infection when you shut down or turn it off and reboot. My advise would be-- If you encounter ANY type of mod/hax lobbies, dashboard out, DO NOT just quit game, then maybe even shut down and reboot, but remember "dashboard" out of hax/mod games.

Just an FYI for those thinking about risking infections...

The enforcement team has made it official (there was an official post from Juliet on the suspension forum.) They are PERMANENTLY banning accounts using infections now. No longer are they issuing temporary bans because you have to activate the hacks yourself and can't "accidentally" be infected.

P.S. The new forums allowing these signature images really needs to go. The best thing about the old forum was how clean it was. Now it'll be a bunch of crap images taking up extra space and wasting bandwidth like the majority of other forums out there.

They just opened themselves up for a ton more abuse and moderator workload.

Can someone clarify this?  I've heard two completely different versions of how one can become "infected":

#1 Simply entering a lobby with a host running an infection can infect YOUR Xbox and game, thus bringing down the wrath of the Xbox Permaban Police.

#2 The "official" Xbox Moderator statement goes along the lines of "infections are not easily obtained and require the user to partake in several steps that make it quite clear as to what is going on. "

-

So which is it?  Merely entering an infected lobby, or performing "several (yet unspecified) steps"?

[quote user="XaznzaX"]

Can someone clarify this?  I've heard two completely different versions of how one can become "infected":

#1 Simply entering a lobby with a host running an infection can infect YOUR Xbox and game, thus bringing down the wrath of the Xbox Permaban Police.

#2 The "official" Xbox Moderator statement goes along the lines of "infections are not easily obtained and require the user to partake in several steps that make it quite clear as to what is going on. "

-

So which is it?  Merely entering an infected lobby, or performing "several (yet unspecified) steps"?

[/quote]

sadly the "official" statement they gave us is wrong, you can easily get infected if a host has a j-tag and can do all kinds of things. i have seen plenty of interesting things, which i obviously did not try to make happen.it was more obvious during mw2's lifetime. i have never seen anyone been banned because they joined a game in progress because someone had host and had speed lobbies or infinite noob-tubes etc.

[quote user="ADrunkCanadian"]

[quote user="XaznzaX"]

-

[/quote]

sadly the "official" statement they gave us is wrong, you can easily get infected if a host has a j-tag and can do all kinds of things. i have seen plenty of interesting things, which i obviously did not try to make happen.it was more obvious during mw2's lifetime. i have never seen anyone been banned because they joined a game in progress because someone had host and had speed lobbies or infinite noob-tubes etc.

[/quote]

However, Ive seen bans of people who "play" in these rooms. Be sure to dash out if you enter one.

and be sure to report them afterwards.

[quote user="UneasyJmitchell"]

[quote user="ADrunkCanadian"]

[quote user="XaznzaX"]

-

[/quote]

[/quote]

However, Ive seen bans of people who "play" in these rooms. Be sure to dash out if you enter one.

[/quote]

I share my account with a few people and they are all decent players with good sportsmanship. Sadly, I had to ban one 'friend' because he talked a little too much trash. Anyways, I used to play a lot of barebones. (better at a lower level since you don't get your Stinger until level 30) Once in a FFA, I shot someone, and instead of +50 it said, "+43jjbliujh4bg3ih4" or something like that and I immediately leveled up to 70. I then dash-boarded and when I returned I was (thankfully) back to my original level. Unfortunately, a friend was playing a my profile few days later and when it happened to him, he left the room. So I'm pretty bummed because I have always played every game legit.

I'm also a little worried, does my profile have a 'tag' that identifies me as having been infected, modded, whatever? I had just suffered through the first 25 levels of my 2nd prestige (the first 25 levels are the most annoying IMO) and then had to start over at level 1 again which stunk. I never wanted this, I never asked for this, All I did is score one kill. I don't want to create a new profile but I wish I could be dropped a level or something.

For the record, my k/d is like 9000 kills to 11000 deaths with a w/l or 700 losses to 500 (numbers rounded). I am not great at this game by most standards but  enjoy the leveling up process and from time to time do experience a good game without any noticable player 'advantages'.

[quote user="KnightOwl92"]

I share my account with a few people and they are all decent players with good sportsmanship. Sadly, I had to ban one 'friend' because he talked a little too much trash. Anyways, I used to play a lot of barebones. (better at a lower level since you don't get your Stinger until level 30) Once in a FFA, I shot someone, and instead of +50 it said, "+43jjbliujh4bg3ih4" or something like that and I immediately leveled up to 70. I then dash-boarded and when I returned I was (thankfully) back to my original level. Unfortunately, a friend was playing a my profile few days later and when it happened to him, he left the room. So I'm pretty bummed because I have always played every game legit.

I'm also a little worried, does my profile have a 'tag' that identifies me as having been infected, modded, whatever? I had just suffered through the first 25 levels of my 2nd prestige (the first 25 levels are the most annoying IMO) and then had to start over at level 1 again which stunk. I never wanted this, I never asked for this, All I did is score one kill. I don't want to create a new profile but I wish I could be dropped a level or something.

For the record, my k/d is like 9000 kills to 11000 deaths with a w/l or 700 losses to 500 (numbers rounded). I am not great at this game by most standards but  enjoy the leveling up process and from time to time do experience a good game without any noticable player 'advantages'.

[/quote]

it is possible, and you may or may not get banned. you aren't supposed to share your account though, and you are solely responsible for and it's actions.