Hackers Targeting Microsoft As Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live?

Source: http://www.allaboutthegames.co.uk/feature_story.php?headline=Hackers-targeting-Microsoft-as-huge-disruption-hits-Xbox-Live-&article_id=12135

Microsoft's award-winning Xbox Live service has been consistently reliable since its launch way back in 2002. But unusually, today it seems to be suffering from a huge disruption as gamers the world over are reporting issues playing multiplayer games of Call of Duty, the Battlefield 3 Beta, Gears of War 3, FIFA 12 and many more.

Joypad lock ups, system crashes, greyed out menu options and a complete inability to play anything online are all symptoms I've personally experienced across a wide range of games since earlier today.

To confuse matters further, however, Xbox Live partys seem to work OK and communications are in full working order.

With no official statement from Microsoft explaining this outage, we can't help but wonder whether something untoward is going on, particularly after the recent PSN outages.

More as we get it.

O_o

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

HAVEn't heard. Also I'm surprised this isn't a pedo post by you.

Gears 3, Battlefield beta and a free weekend. Simply overtaxed perhaps? Or people with crappy internet.

I will call BS on that. Ive played 2 out of the 3 games without problems in the last 4 hours, BF3 being the only problem. And I attribute that to the EA servers as I also had problems with Madden. Maybe Sony planted this story.

I haven't experienced any problems outside BF3 either.

Saying that source is weak is like saying rain is wet.

Would this count as evidence?

forums.xbox.com/.../97749.aspx

[quote user="CrazyMvM94"]

Would this count as evidence?

forums.xbox.com/.../97749.aspx

[/quote] I wouldn't think so as he stated that his Xbox was an (OLDER) Xbox and I'm guessing it was on its last legs anyway the same thing happened to my Xbox Elite about 3 months ago and a I upgraded to the Slim and haven't had any system issues with it. I bet this is a result of  bunch of people with absolutely horrible internet connections making a big deal out of nothing.

[quote user="CrazyMvM94"]Source: http://www.allaboutthegames.co.uk/feature_story.php?headline=Hackers-targeting-Microsoft-as-huge-disruption-hits-Xbox-Live-&article_id=12135

Microsoft's award-winning Xbox Live service has been consistently reliable since its launch way back in 2002. But unusually, today it seems to be suffering from a huge disruption as gamers the world over are reporting issues playing multiplayer games of Call of Duty, the Battlefield 3 Beta, Gears of War 3, FIFA 12 and many more.

Joypad lock ups, system crashes, greyed out menu options and a complete inability to play anything online are all symptoms I've personally experienced across a wide range of games since earlier today.

To confuse matters further, however, Xbox Live partys seem to work OK and communications are in full working order.

With no official statement from Microsoft explaining this outage, we can't help but wonder whether something untoward is going on, particularly after the recent PSN outages.

More as we get it.

O_o

[/quote]

Try actually paying for quality internet service instead of using some bootleg Wal-Mart connection or stealing it from your neighbor and you probably won't have issues.

No problems here lately when I do get problems with XBL ill reset my modem and router and it usually works.

I couldn't get a game of GoW 3 for a little while yesterday.  Apart from that everything's been ok.