Hackers in Call of duty

I have been playing WaW recently because im an achievement hunter (although you can probably tell from my GS that im not a very good one).

I have also been been playing MP and i get these messages from people i dont even know that say "send me a message for 15th prestige lobby". Does that mean i have to be 15th to play with them?

Finally i was looking up the modded lobbys thing on the forums and i read this thing from somebody who i assume is a moderator which said "

Up until this point when a user was found to be exploiting infections in a game they were issued a temporary cheating suspension.

However, after discussing how infections are obtained and weighing just how disruptive these modifications are to gameplay , this policy has now been changed.

Intentionally activating and exploiting infections in multiplayer matchmaking is a blatant violation of the Terms of Use and Code of Conduct, and users who purposefully engage in such activity will be suspended appropriately. 

From this moment on, any user account found exploiting infections will be subject to immediate permanent suspension."

We know exactly what is required to be infected, which means we also know that it cannot be done accidentally.  Suspensions will not be lifted simply because you make a false claim that you did not know what was going on."

Well i think i may be in trouble because i was playing matchmaking in WaW and these words started coming up on the side which flashed in all different colours and said things like "i got god mode from (youtube link here)" or "i got unlimited ammo from (youtube link here)" i reported the people whoose names came up but at the time i was not aware of this policy that anyone found inside an infected game will be banned. It wasnt even a private lobby it was public matchmaking and i had no idea that they were modders until i was in game. I also didnt know that you are supposed to shut down your xbox if you find yourself in a modded lobby.

So does that mean that ive been infected and am at the risk of being banned? Because if so than it can happen accidentally and that final statement is false.

PS: What does being infected mean? sorry if i sound like a noob for asking that.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

When you were in  that match did you shoot anyone? If so that is considered participating and could result in your account being permanently banned should the XBL PET deem it necessary.

Once you saw that text you obviosuly knew something wasn't kosher, that should have told you to leave immediately. If you decided to stay then that is on you.

As you can see there is no such thing as an 'accident'. Everyone has a choice, leave the match or stay and accept the consequences. Now I do understand that you did not know about the turning off the console thing, but I don't understand that you didn't think things were kosher when the text scrolled on screen.

You will just have wait and see if anything happens as the XBL PET will not just check out your account and tell you if you are safe or not. If no one filed a complaint and/or the XBL PET themselves didn't witness it then you should consider yourself lucky and follow the advice below the very next time you have an 'accident' like this:

-Do not shoot anyone.

-Hit the back button on the controller (the one to the left of the Guide button) and find out who the host of the match is (this person will be the only one with FOUR full bars) or you could just read the GT off any messages scrolling on the screen. Do not stay for more than 30 seconds, if you can't figure out who the host is by then just leave.

-Leave the match within the first few seconds. (the longer you stay the greater the risk of participating you are at)

-Restart your console. (to clear out any infections)

-Go to your recent players history and file a complaint (if you know who the host of the match is)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

To answer your first question. No i never got the chance to fire a round i was always killed before that happened.

Also i did not stay in the game very long because as soon as i started the game the enemy got dogs then when they expired they got dogs again. At this point i rage quit.

3rd as soon as they got dogs i knew something was wrong and the flashing text only reassured me of that however i simply figured that the players in the game (myself included) would report him which i did both in game and on their profile and that he would suffer the consequences.

Finally i looked up what it means to be infected and well apparently 10th prestige lobbys are "infections" and apparently it has nothing to do with what rank you are its what rank they can hack you to. This normally happens by invite and is done in a private lobby. Therefore as the moderator (i assume) stated since you need to accept the invite it does require a fair bit of input from the player therefore there really can be no accidents. Even if you accept a random invite not knowing what an infected lobby is according to these forums as soon as you realise the scores or whatever are wrong and that you are geting unfair points you can undo this by instantly resetting your console.

In summary i was not in an infected lobby (i was in PUBLIC MATCHMAKING), i did not kill, i did not stay and i reported so the way i see it ive done nothing wrong but thats for XBL PET to determine but from what i can tell i have broken no rules.

Sorry this didn't help.

The infections are in PUBLIC MATCHMAKING on World at War. So it is possible for anyone to just join a random infected match.

I was on MW2 Hardcore Team Deathmatch several nights ago for more than a few hours and had no issues with infected rooms, seems like Infinity Ward took care of the infections on that game, now Treyarch just needs to step up and take care of World at War.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="haloshooterpro"]

i was not aware of this policy that anyone found inside an infected game will be banned. It wasnt even a private lobby it was public matchmaking and i had no idea that they were modders until i was in game. I also didnt know that you are supposed to shut down your xbox if you find yourself in a modded lobby.

[/quote]

That is not the policy. You posted the policy.

[quote user="haloshooterpro"]

From this moment on, any user account found exploiting infections will be subject to immediate permanent suspension."

We know exactly what is required to be infected, which means we also know that it cannot be done accidentally.  Suspensions will not be lifted simply because you make a false claim that you did not know what was going on."

[/quote]

They can tell difference between the ones who know what they are doing and the ones that don't. XBLPET does not just ban everyone in COD W@W. If you really did nothing wrong then you will be OK. However if there is any proof you did, then that is up to them and only them.

Sorry this didn't help.

The reason "Infections" lobbies are made is for effortless levels, I am a complete CoD boffin, 10th on MW2 and 15 on Black Ops, I get the messages all the time for them, you did the right thing, and it's good Microsoft are being strict with these things, as it doesn't seem fair we spend hours grinding, and they get what they want in seconds, even worse, I get accused of hacking myself because i'm 15th! I'm a true gamer who hasn't used hacks, hell, I hate using cheats on Saints Row! The reason IW sort out Infection lobbies is because they're still incredibly popular games, Treyarch's WaW isn't as popular online, just like CoD4. Just to sort it out,

Sorry this didn't help.

I totally agree. my friends use cheats on Saints Row and thats why they got 0G's on it and really it disgusts me.

I love saints row and if you put the effort in it becomes a really epic game even without cheats.

I remember asking my friends "why do you have 0G's on SR2"

"Oh because without cheats you run outa ammo and cash and you die to easily and it sucks so i just play with cheats and so i cant get them achievements"

have you ever tried the activities they give you health bonuses and infinate ammo and stuff. so if you put the effort in its awesome.

Sorry for that got a little carried away but yes i know infected lobbies are so people get to like top prestige in seconds and they think they're cool and powerful when in fact they just cant play.

As for the Cod boffin sorry i cant relate. Im first prestige im happy with that. I dont see any point in continuing and thats fine thats just me. Other people have different opinions and others go further i just dont wanna.

Sorry this didn't help.

that is totally unreasonable does that mean you will ban me for accidently joining a lobby on mw2 where i shot someone once and went to rank 70 6th prestige (i was that prestige at the time ) at that time there was no visibe warning before i got the kill and i also got the first blood , would this be classed as a ban ?

Sorry this didn't help.