Hackers are ruining Dark souls

I have encountered maybe half a dozen or so players in Dark souls who are invincible, its very annoying as it is already a difficult game but to be invaded by someone who cannot die really takes the enjoyment out of the game. Today one such player, [Mod Removed] attacked me and a friend, stood still while we attacked him for 10 minutes, then killed us both with one hit. His health did not move the entire time. I messaged him and asked him if it was even remotely fun to win a game by hacking, he said " Yes, very". He then confessed to me that he edited his save file to accomplish this. I have reported his account on my xbox but I would really like to see something done about this problem. I believe in a good fair game, this sort of thing really annoys me.  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="cyberworldukltd"]

I would just stay hollow to avoid getting invaded.I'm so happy I played it and loved it before they got started.  that the best game this gen is getting ransacked by modders lately.  I guess if I were to play it again,

[/quote]I just always started a party before starting the game, this way I could go human, summon the summonable NPC's, not get invaded and talk to my friends.

^^ I'm flattered that you copied me, but it sounded better the way I said it. :P

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I would just stay hollow to avoid getting invaded.I'm so happy I played it and loved it before they got started.  that the best game this gen is getting ransacked by modders lately.  I guess if I were to play it again,

[quote user="Odd is the MILK"]

I do not understand how any MP is fun if you are cheating.

[/quote]It's the power, obviously. If being that powerful wasn't fun, why isn't Jesus walking around in mortal flesh again?

I have ran into this a few times in the forest. I know it is frustrating, I am see more and more in Battlefield 3 lately. I do not understand how any MP is fun if you are cheating.

KOF:Circle of Doom was notorious for this too.  I played legit and couldnt kill much of anything.  Guy walks in with darts....throwing knifes...?  ? i dunno something.  He showed me the dmg rating and it was well over 5million hp per hit.  I agree modders are really ruining alot of great games.

V

If you believe that people are 'hacking the games' then please use the appropriate File a Complaint option on Xbox LIVE. If those people are exploiting the game with such things, then they will be investigated. No matter what has occurred, naming and shaming on the Xbox Forums is not allowed, please respect the rules.

I do worry. Its like COD WaW no one plays it because of hackers. I do not want this game to be the same.

You'd think putting their name here would be good, yeah, but apparently not. Never understood that rule.

Also, I've seen a few hackers while playing but... I'm not too worried about it.

I only did it because XBL support told me I should submit something to the forums for further help. If I was told I could have a person to person chat with a mod/admin I would. Naming is all I know that would identify them unless mind readers are employed. A crackdown on hackers needs to be done and adding a name to the nameless helps unless I am wrong.