Hacker + File Complaint = Good Fight Son?

Hello. I recently conducted an experiment on CoD4. I was doing my usual thing, joining game after game, picking out the Bad Kids using infections, Filing a complaint, backing out, rinse and repeat. I then wondering, is filing a complaint enough? Will they be permanantly banned based on MY complaint? Does the status of their account all rest on me? These are all questions I  asked myself.

My experiment was quite simple. I would write down the GT's of three hackers, File a complaint against all three at the same time, then observe how long (If at all) it takes their accounts to be banned.

I waited roughly 24 hours for each and found no action was taken. "That's alright" I thought. The XBLPET's must be busy with the other cheaters.

By 48 hours, things weren't looking good. 2 of them were playing CoD4 and the other was offline. To this day they are still online, advertising phishing site(s) and ruining the game for everyone.

How is this possible? The XBLPET's clearly state that everyone who breaks the Terms and Conditions will be dealt with WITHIN 24 hours. Are the XBLPET's too little a force to deal with the endless onslaught of cheaters? Or maybe "Vulcan" isn't as deadly to hackers as we all thought. Can someone provide me with an answer to why no action is being taken against all these modders?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm not sure where the PET states that everyone who breaks the terms will be dealth with within 24 hours. The complaint system is not instant. The enforcement team receives thousands of complaints a day and have to thoroughly investigate each one before they can take action. That can take some time to do when the team is not huge.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's been a week, and these people are still out there.

Sorry this didn't help.

In the words of Boris Erickson(Bootblack)

"Of course, we'll still review your profile and gamertag complaints within 24 hours, we've publicly comitted to that"

I see that it does not say they'll take action in that amount of time, but a week is still long enough for action to be taken.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have reported things and watched the profile, Some are dealt with in a week others have taken a month. XBLPET are very busy. In time, if there was a problem PET will take care of it.

Sorry this didn't help.

This video will help you understand the workings of the Xbox Live Enforcement Team and why it may take some time for action to be taken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhz9eTcL1h0

I hope you find it useful :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Enforcement action on XBL is not instant. Just like with real life crimes it takes time to investigate, gather evidence and take action against offenders. With that said proof that the system DOES work can be found everyday in the MY LIVE ACCOUNT WAS SUSPENDED forum. In FACT, this month alone, from July 1st-15th MS has PERMANENTLY BANNED 255 XBL accounts for:

-Modded Avatar/Gamer Tag-25
-Exploiting Infections/Cheating-60
-Selling Accounts/Stealing Accounts/Commercial Use of Account-21
-Excessive Forced Name Change-5
-Impersonating MS Staff-2
-Advertising Modded Lobbies/Hosting Modded Lobbies/Offering Services for a fee-142

To me, that looks like the XBL PET are doing something and that they system DOES work when you FILE A COMPLAINT. Now imagine how many more will be permanently banned from XBL in the next 15 days...

And those are just the people who post here about it. There are most likely a lot more than the 255. When I was gathering this factual information I noticed that the MAJORITY of enforcement action that was being taken was permanent bans. Out of all the inquiries on suspensions/bans I only came across maybe 6 temporary suspensions. So it does look like they are stepping up their game and going after the people who really ruin XBL for the legitimate gamers. Most of those exploiting cheats/infections bans were witnessed by a member of the XBL PET (as stated in the initial post) so they are playing the games policing them.

So, give them time. The offenders will be punished when they are caught. Just keep filing those complaints.

Sorry this didn't help.

@The Dno

"This video will help you understand the workings of the Xbox Live Enforcement Team and why it may take some time for action to be taken."

Where do you think I got my references from?

Sorry this didn't help.

@Temhotabot I do not like being fed copypasta.

Sorry this didn't help.

You seem to be posting around trying to help others with these same issues as you yet you don't like any of the reply's you get here. That seems a bit odd to me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Excuse me if I don't like pre-typed replies to my threads.

Also, I never said I was trying to help people. I'm just pointing out that maybe the PET should start hiring, or maybestart moving a little quicker.

The more time those accounts are out there, the more time they have to steal other's LIVE accounts. Sure, in the end he may get banned, but he now stole 20 more accounts, 20 more GT's, and by extent, 20 more credit card numbers.

Sorry this didn't help.