Hacked?

So with IGN reporting that some Microsoft's own computors being hacked do you think this could have any impact on XBL?

What say you?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I haven't heard anything about it. Do you have a source I could read and catch up on?

[quote user="Epic Louie"]

I haven't heard anything about it. Do you have a source I could read and catch up on?

[/quote]It's on most major internet websites related to gaming/PC's and security and news channels, i read it on IGN today...

ign....

[quote user="PhilMarck"]

IGNorant

Not trustworthy

[/quote]It's also on the BBC website, the most respected news site in the world, and several other respected websites too!

I haven't heard of it either.

I guess they did get hacked. I found a story on BBC and on Microsoft's blog. Apparently Facebook and Apple got hacked as well.

Hopefully this isn't Sony and Playstation 3 all over again.

[quote user="Epic Louie"]

I guess they did get hacked. I found a story on BBC and on Microsoft's blog. Apparently Facebook and Apple got hacked as well.

[/quote]Yup.

I think they were just a bit clumsy and forget to renew their HTTPS certificate: www.forbes.com/.../ridiculous-microsofts-azure-fails-over-unrenewed-security-certificate

According to Microsoft's blog

"During our investigation, we found a small number of computers, including some in our Mac business unit, that were infected by malicious software using techniques similar to those documented by other organizations."

[quote user="the1337gamer"]

I think they were just a bit clumsy and forget to renew their HTTPS certificate: www.forbes.com/.../ridiculous-microsofts-azure-fails-over-unrenewed-security-certificate

[/quote]rofl, this was actually a good read unlike "Gaming News" Websites.

[quote user="Tim Worstall"]
Microsoft confirmed late Feb. 29 that a service outage that affected its Azure cloud computing service was caused by a Leap Year bug. The outage apparently was triggered by a key server in Ireland housing a certificate that expired at midnight on Feb. 28. That electronic control document hadn’t taken into account the extra day in the month of February the Western calendar adds every four years. It was simple human error, the single most common cause of computer errors.

[/quote]
Maybe this was/ had something related to why Halo 4 Matchmaking went down yesterday?