Hacked on modern warefare 2

A few friends of mine and I were playing on modern warefare 2 and happened into a hacked loby.  The person who hacked us somehow got the first kill with a sniper rife from across the map on highrise.  The second he did, the game ended with a loss for my team, and all my friends and I were kicked back down to level one.  We all lost every rank and kill rank we had aquired over the months or years of playing.  We reset our consoles, and were presented with a message saying we needed to reset all of our ranks and unlocks because we had an old version of the game. We're trying to get the problem resolved with xbox right now, however we don't know what is going on.  The person who we believe did this hack, and got the kill in the match has a gamer tag of [Mod Removed].  I would reccomend that anyone who sees that tage IMIDIATELY back out of the lobby or you will have the same issue we are.  If you happen to know how, I would suggest finding his gamer tag on xbox live and marking him as an avoided player BEFORE you encounter him.  Good luck to anyone else who might happen across this problem as we have.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well, another player has just openly admitted to the hack to my team in another loby.  His name is [Mod Removed]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Indeed. The enforcement team is a team of people, not computers, so it takes time for complaints to be sifted through.

Sorry this didn't help.

it takes time enforcements team get 1,000,000 complaints per a day they look at each of them .

Sorry this didn't help.

To the original poster:

what you encountered in that lobby is commonly known as a "De-Rank Lobby". They basically kick you back to level one as if you have never played the game and from what I have looked at online there is no way to recover what you have lost.

But I would suggest that you change your security measures on your account such as your password and any other security proofs you have just to be safe.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately nothing will be done on the Infinity Ward side of things, neither COD developer really deals with any of thier old games once they release a new one.  However the enforcement team will eventually investigate and probably ban his gamertag.  This doesn't sound like much since he can make a new one, but that is how it works.  An entire console can be banned from accessing xboxlive with any gamertag but I am not sure of what kind of violations have to be found for that to happen.  Let's just hope he gets that as all hackers like him deserve.  Sorry to hear about your stats man.

Sorry this didn't help.

PLEASE do not call out tags in the forums all it does is they get a MOD REMOVED in place of it.  reporting the users from your 360 is the ONLY way they will get dealt with.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there! Did you report the gamer for this offense? To do this, just follow these steps:

1. Press your guide button.

2. Choose your Friends option.

3. Hit your right bumper twice to bring up your Recent Players list.

4. Find the gamertag that committed the offense and select it using A.

5. Choose "File Complaint" and go through the menus to choose what offense he or she did.

6. Select "File Complaint" again. This will be passed on to the XBOX Live Public Enforcement Team.

Also, please don't name and shame on these forums. It's just not cool. :D

Sorry this didn't help.

I realize that, however if the original problem of our accounts being hacked and our acievements being removed, while still leaving us with our stats on the leaderboards, is something I feel I should warn people about unless it can be solved.

Sorry this didn't help.

Part of the problem that my friends and I are having is that it didn't reset ALL of our stats.  It left our positions on the leaderboards, making it almost impossible to maintain our kills/deaths ratios as well as any other rankings we've worked so hard to achieve.  If it is SO simple for someone to hack our accounts and use a bot to reset our achievements, then why is it impossible for the game developers to come up with not only a fix to repair the damage, but also a way to prevent it from occurring again?  

I find it hard to believe that a blatant violation of not only the terms of service for xbox, but also the copy write infringement of modifying the game to cause such an event would be allowed to go on without some sort of attempt to correct the code of the game to prevent the hack from continuing.  At the very least, I would think that the companies would have their respective legal departments attempt to file charges against the perpetrators.  Otherwise, why should anyone ever be punished for modifying the game in any other way?  

I believe it would cause a great deal of mistrust of both xbox and activision/infinity ward amongst the gaming community if they were informed of just how little the developers of the game and console actually care about how people are wronged on their systems.

Sorry this didn't help.

Then what kind of action against the hacker can I expect to see taken in this instance?   I've stated the exact situation that has occurred,  have multiple witnesses/victims, and have not had my unlocks restored or had any kind of recompense.  I am continually checking the status of the players that participated in the event and will continue to do so.

Sorry this didn't help.