Hacked Matchmaking on Call of Duty 4

I was playing last night around 8:00 pm and had no issues at all. However I logged in this morning and entered OPEN matchmaking. And every game I entered had unlimited grenade launchers and ammo that could be sprayed without reloading. I am not sure how this works but I really don't want to get into trouble. Remember this is open matchmaking not a private match. If anyone knows anything about this please respond.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You're more than welcome to back out of the game and find a new host. You may also file a complaint with the host (if you know who the host is). This way, you can help the community and the game's online playing features. As said as it may seem joining a "hacked" matchmaking game, you'll have to just back out until you find a fair matchmaking game. I know how it feels to join a "hacked" game. As sad as it is, I no longer play these Call of Duty games multiplayer due to the amount of "hacked" games that you get into.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well that's just it. I did back out. The other game I got into was hacked as well. The amount of hackers is ridiculous.

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree, it's pretty ridiculous. I play games to have fun, it's not so fun when there are players that feel the need to change the default settings to something ridiculous. Play the game how it was developed. One big example why I love playing Battlefield's multiplayer - You don't get into many (if any) hacked games, and most of the players are pretty mature. I'm excited for Battlefield 3. I only wish you have enjoyment out of your online games in Call of Duty. Not much else can really be done other than what I've already stated. Have fun!

Sorry this didn't help.

If you ever find yourself in a dodgy lobby the advice is to switch off your xbox immediately in case of deranking or if you've been infected.

Sorry this didn't help.

O wow dude way to scare me now. I didn't switch of of my console, I just backed out. i actually thought about that when that service alert went up for MW2. I need to leave COD, the game not only is unbalanced, but the developers lazy support pose a security risk as well.

Sorry this didn't help.

UPDATE: I just went back into COD4 and the first game that Matchmaking offered me not only was unlimited ammo hacked, but also everyone was flying.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ever since support was stopped for the older CODs (ie pre Black Ops) those games have been hacked to death. I've been playing online games since Counter-Strike was in it's infancy and I've never seen anything like this. The fact that it's happening to games from the biggest entertainment franchise on the planet is something that'll be talked about for years.

Sorry this didn't help.

At this stage in age, I believe it's all about the money train. Since Call of Duty is a major hit, it's considered a fact that Call of Duty will make tons of sales, no matter what. So I could imagine support being cut on them, hence why these are major games that are affected by infections/hacks. Doesn't bother me, I refuse to support these games and companies with my hard earned income. As I've said, I play for the fun and I contribute to companies that deserve it. Call of Duty has failed in my books, as I've seen nothing but the same game-play and the same hacked servers all the time. A new call of duty game releases, a new set of infections come along with it. Unless this is taken into consideration, I'm happy with other releases that are actually fun to play.

Sorry this didn't help.

You should also be aware that if you decide to stay in any of those infected matches and participate in them your account would be subject to a permanent ban from XBL. MS has been going after people who host, advertise and/or participate in infected lobbies. So long as you back out immediately once you realize things are not kosher you will have nothing to worry about.

The same thing is in World at War. I do know that in the WaW forum there is a post for LEGIT players to find one another so they can try to atleast enjoy the game without modders/cheaters. There may even be a thread like that in the Call of Duty 4 forum here. If not you could always start one up.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just bought CoD 4 on Amazon. I loved its MP. Guess that was a waste. Bros friends say its not hacked and thats why i bought it.   :(

Sorry this didn't help.