[GUITAR HERO + XBOX] hardware or software problem?

Hi!

A month ago, suddenly, my xbox has been doing some weird stuff while I'm playing guitar hero.

The problem is this (tested with 2 guitars and ..same issue, the drum does not have this problem):

1) When I shut down my xbox, the guitar hero controller keeps blinking like you just put it on, searching for an xbox. Thus my xbox gets back on again and so on (so I always have to take out the batteries of my controller when I want to turn that thing off)

2) When I play the game itself (setting up playlist and so on) and when I press the Start button, nothing happens. So the normal reaction of a human being is to give the *** a hit or 3..5.. . Then the game starts to load, nothing going on... You're just playing your song and suddenly.. {PAUSE SCREEN}, game goes on again, {PAUSE SCREEN}, game goes on again (this happens very very fast and very random while playing). It's like the console suddenly realized you hit start some minutes ago. But afterwards I figured out that this happens randomly.

WHAT is going on?

Greetz!

A fellow xbox user

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 269 Applies to:

Could simply be a button stuck in on the guitar controller.

When the going gets tough find something easier to do.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Are the batteries new?  Used to happen when I played GH sometimes.  Turned out the batteries were almost flat.  The guitar controller isn't like the standard Xbox controller, it doesn't vibrate and the guide button isn't visible so it's hard to notice when the batteries are knackered.

Change the batteries and see if that works.

If not, try calibrating it.

Sorry this didn't help.

the batteries are new!

I'll try calibrating also!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there xXDeRoLLeXx,

I am sorry your'e having this issue.

Ironically i've had this issue a couple times.

I played Guitar Hero like there was no tomorrow. I would get carple tunnel...seriously haha.

When I used to work at Gamestop, I went through about 6 guitars...my Guitar Hero game was doing the same thing, It was really annoying especially when I was on a note streak!

Unfortuantely, there's a lot of defective guitars...I am now on my 8th one...I've done EVERYTHING including getting new batteries, trying a different console, different guitar hero game, re-calibrated, but nothing worked.

It is the guitar which is unfortuante, :(

I know that's not the resolution you hoped for, but if you can try those steps I have, hopefully you'll have better luck than me..and not be on your 8th guitar like myself. And i'm a hardcore player lol I play on Expert so i wear them out fast.

Sorry this didn't help.

I figured out that it was the guitar indeed. 2 stuck buttons: the xbox button AND the start button. Sad, such a beautiful guitar really (latest GH guitar). Thanks for all the help everyone!

Sorry this didn't help.

I think it is Hardware as Hardware is the Physical Machinery and Software is the Game (in your case).

I know that a lot of Guitar Hero Guitars break easily, Such, sad times but they break easily and you should check for warranty and if not take it directly to activision or whoever and try their advice. Who knows you may have found a "one off" problem and they may compensate you

Sorry this didn't help.