Hello there, For the last few days I've been playing COD: 4 and got to prestige 1 and now im trying to get to level 55 and move onto COD: WAW to prestige on it aswell. I've been playing for some time and learnt a few things. Obviously the game is full of cheaters/hackers. This is how to avoid problems such as the famous one (being de-ranked) and more.
- Firsly I've found out that there is less cheaters/hackers during the mornings (from 6 -- 12 AM GBT) this is because most of the hackers are from the UK and USA. They are sleeping at this time. Stil you will find one of them once in a while.
- Im not sure this is just my thinking but instead of going on games with less players you should join games where there's lots of people such as Ground War. Hackers don't like to risk it there because they dont want to get reported by lots of people and they can get banned.
- If a hacker does join and starts spamming on the top-left side of the screen. You should press the middle X on your controller and go to the dashboard. So you don't have their infection (Im not sure about this and read about doing this on one of the posts on this forums but still I do it to stay safe). If someone can tell me why it's recommended to do this then please tell me.
- NEVER join an infected lobby, if someone sends you a message sayings "FR33 1NF3CT10N5, C0M3 J01N M4H G4M3 1T'5 0P3N!11!!!1!!". Not only you risk being de-ranked or being in a de-ranking lobby (and if you do keep reading because I've found a solution ). You also can be banned.
- As I just said NEVER join an infected lobby. But still you might not even know if you are joining one. So i suggest if you ever get a random COD 4 game invite. Do not join, unless you know the person. NOT even if you played a few games with them. ONLY if you know them PERSONALLY.
- When you join a game and there's no hackers spamming on it, stay on that one. Encourage people to stay on the lobby and if one of them goes, they could be replaced by a hacker and they would start spamming their websites and stuff. Just do what I said if this happens.
- If a de-ranking hacker joins your game and you kill someone and get - EXP you MUST inmediatly TURN YOUR XBOX OFF or GO TO THE DASHBOARD so that is not saved.
- NOW one of the major problems everyone is asking is how to fix the de-ranking problem. It's basically the opposite of being de-ranked. You need a hacker that can fix this. Join a game for example Team Deathmatch and if you spot a hacker send them a personal message asking them if they can help your un-ranked problem. If they say no, Just keep on looking you'll find one eventually. Then the hacker should invite you to a game. (I know this is going a bit against most of the things I said, but do this if you badly want to level up again). Now I recommend that in the game it should be just yourself and the hacker. No more people. The hacker usually changes the game a bit and spawns bots I think. Then each time you kill a bot you get +20000000 EXP a kill. Do this a few times until you see that you level up. There you go, your problem is fixed. I suggest that you leave after your problem is fixed so you don't get into any trouble.
Thank you for reading everyone and hope this helps, any questions or comments please feel free to comment, see you on LIVE!