Guide Opens during channel change on Xfinity

Sorry if this has been addressed before but I just couldn't find it. I just hooked up an Xfinity extension box from the X1 system. The Xbox changes the channels fine and it works quickly, however, when I tell it change the channel it will correctly put in the numbers but with this box when you put the numbers in the channel changes instantly and the guidebar at the bottom pops up with a quick description of the channel with the "TV Listings" button highlighted so when the Xbox then hits "ok" after putting in the channel number it opens the full guide every time and then I have to get the remote to close the guide. Is there anywhere in settings where I can remove the "OK" press at the end of the channel entry.

Devices:
TV - Vizio (remote code T1758)
Cable - Comcast (remote code C1982)
Audio receiver - STRDG720

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I had this same exact issue, with the same cable box.  The only fix I can find is to eliminate the channel listing, which pops up when you go to the new channel.  This way, the kinect cannot 'enter' into the channel guide.  On your Comcast remote, go to the menu,  the guide setup, the select smartbar timeout, and click it until 'off' appears.  This will prevent the channel listing to pop up at all, and youll be able to use the kinect.  The only downside is, you wont know what show youre watching, youll have to check your guide.  Hope this helps, and i hope xbox finds a fix for this.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just wanted to post that Potatoefamine86's advice worked great for me.  I tried a ton of codes and nothing helped.  Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.