GUIDE: Fix most common load issues on Xbox App (Messages not loading) Win 10

Hello everyone, I saw a lot of questions about messages not loading on the Windows 10 Xbox App and Xbox App (beta), so I decided to write this short guide that can help you and your friends to finally fix a lot of annoying load issues on those Apps!

It's easy:

• Close the Xbox App
  • Right Click on The windows Logo on the start bar.
  • Click on "apps and features"
  • Search for Xbox
  • Click on the Xbox App Logo 
  • Click on Advanced Options
  • Reset the app data by clicking the only button available on that page
  • Launch the Xbox App
  • Enjoy Xbox Live on your Win 10 PC :D

Let me know if you find this thread useful, and of course if there's anything you would like to add to help our fellow gamers in need, please feel free to comment this thread! :)

Game On!

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Sanana94

Thanks for that i never new that this was posaable to do. I knew with the xbox app been a built in app into windows 10 it cant be reinstalled with out a reinstall of windows so this is a nice work around

Paul1708
Xbox Ambassador

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Over the last couple weeks, problems got worse and worse -stalls when I typed, messages receiving time could be hours. I reset a handful of times. Last time I reset, messages didn't load and I couldn't 'search' anyone not on my list. The links I made in messaging were to a couple people I have other means of contacting and I asked them to try to message me. Lots of 'try later', 'things are quiet, message someone' when I had just been messaging, VERY glitchy. I'm personally not going to recommend people 'reset' more than once or twice. The more we try to correct things, the more we lose (speaking for myself and a couple other people who have been doing it)

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Over the last couple weeks, problems got worse and worse -stalls when I typed, messages receiving time could be hours. I reset a handful of times. Last time I reset, messages didn't load and I couldn't 'search' anyone not on my list. The links I made in messaging were to a couple people I have other means of contacting and I asked them to try to message me. Lots of 'try later', 'things are quiet, message someone' when I had just been messaging, VERY glitchy. I'm personally not going to recommend people 'reset' more than once or twice. The more we try to correct things, the more we lose (speaking for myself and a couple other people who have been doing it)

That's interesting. Right now I only reset my app one time. Honestly, I don't see how a reset can make things worse but you'll never know. Are you using the Beta or standard app? Thanks for the info! :)

@Paul1708 Nice to hear that! Happy to help! :)

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is the one thing I was hesitant to try because UI expected it to delete everything. I was still logged in even after the reset but it worked as far as the messaging issue goes. Thank you for this post....even though I feel like an idiot for not trying it when I first thought of it. Oh well. After all the other avenues that failed, this worked. That's what matters. This is like a turn it off/turn it on solution that gets overlooked.

Prior to attempting this, I did download the Beta which worked perfectly, go figure.Way to go MS for making easy things such a pain in the bum

Thank you Sanana94

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is the one thing I was hesitant to try because UI expected it to delete everything. I was still logged in even after the reset but it worked as far as the messaging issue goes. Thank you for this post....even though I feel like an idiot for not trying it when I first thought of it. Oh well. After all the other avenues that failed, this worked. That's what matters. This is like a turn it off/turn it on solution that gets overlooked.

Prior to attempting this, I did download the Beta which worked perfectly, go figure.Way to go MS for making easy things such a pain in the bum

Thank you Sanana94

Happy to help! :D

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm responding to this with the issue of my messages not updating.

I reset the app data, and after I did that my messages became current again. But messages will still not update after doing this. Any other work arounds? 

It's also worth mentioning that I have the app on my task bar. I receive notifications on the logo of the app, showing me I had "2" notifications, but opening the app reveals nothing. 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey everyone! 

Thanks for sticking with us. There should be an update that recently came out for the Xbox App that might help with the issues that you're are seeing. Are you able to check that your Xbox App is up to date? In Settings in the app it should say Version 28.28.28008.0. Let us know if that helps with what you're seeing. We have a team that is looking into this further and we'll be happy to pass on any info if you are still running into trouble. 

Miss Share Bear

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky HERE for the best info. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey everyone! 

Thanks for sticking with us. There should be an update that recently came out for the Xbox App that might help with the issues that you're are seeing. Are you able to check that your Xbox App is up to date? In Settings in the app it should say Version 28.28.28008.0. Let us know if that helps with what you're seeing. We have a team that is looking into this further and we'll be happy to pass on any info if you are still running into trouble. 

Miss Share Bear

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky HERE for the best info. 

I have that number 28'28'280008'00000 but the app is not loading. I have reset it but that has not got it to load. Basically its stuck at loading.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This does not work for me. I ran search for apps and features , got to xbox, reset and lost my data of course , but the app window is still stuck on loading and in the top right hand corner is the number 28.28.28008.00000 . Think I'll wait patiently for a fix now.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey tri1050cc!

Are you still seeing issues with signing in? Would you be able to answer the questions below? 

• Have you updated to Creators Update yet?
  • Do you have issues signing into Xbox Live in Win10 games? For example: Solitaire, Minecraft: Win10 Edition, Gears of War 4, etc.
  • Do you have issues signing into the Xbox (beta) app?

Miss Share Bear

Xbox Forums Staff

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated January 28, 2024 Views 7,932 Applies to: