GTTV ME3 Demo (Spoiler drops?!)

I guess I should have learned my lesson from last time when they openly treaded spoiler territroy during E3, but I didn't. Why do they seem fixed on revealing seemingly major plot points? Reapers working with Cerberus? Seems pretty major to me, and it just doesn't make sense to reveal plot points about a game such heavy on story. Why?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Nothing really major to be honest.  We've known that about Cerberus and the Reapers before this ME 3 demo, and of course you weren't forced to watch it other than your brain telling you that you must because it's Mass Effect 3. 

I agree that I wish spoilerific content would not be shown, but by now you should know that's not going to happen when BioWare shows or demo's a game, especially Mass Effect.  Just look at Mass Effect 2's information bonanza before it released. Half of the game was literally shown, and when I played it I already knew most of what was going on.

I'm gonna do this in this thread as to not spread the spoiler around, but what I said in the "you know what's weird" thread doesn't seem so far out now, does it?  Sorry, but it's not everyday that I'm proven right...:-)

Yes, like I said, I should have learned from last time. But I mean, its E3 and they're showing the first solid gameplay to be seen...of course they know tons of their fans must be watching? I guess I don't understand the logic behind it.

We're in the age of the Internet and social media, and to be honest I was surprised that the leaked E3 Mass Effect 3 trailer wasn't on the Internet sooner than it was.

So seeing "spoiler" content in a trailer/demo for E3 is not really surprising, as BioWare would know nowadays that not much can be kept under wraps anyhow.

You could gain a sneaking suspicion in Mass Effect 2 anyhow that the Illusive Man and Cerberus had a "connection" with the Reapers on some relatively small points. TIM always seemed to know about upcoming Collector attacks, which of course the Collectors were working for Harbinger and the Reapers, so again this revelation isn't a surprise and I kind of figured that's how it would turn out in ME 3.

Also, Arkham.  Congrats lol, I think most were aware however of what I just said regarding TIM and his sneakiness with the Collectors in Mass Effect 2.  You could just tell something was going on in his actions and dialogue.

No doubt there was suspicion, but when they outright reveal it, that just kills suspense and impact.

It is what it is.  Won't be the last bit of supposed major information revealed, no doubt about that.  I would just go on a media blackout regarding all things Mass Effect 3 if you're concerned about more spoilers being thrown out there.  I know it'd be hard considering we have 8 more months, but it can be done lol.

Yeah, the media blackout is your only sure way.  I, for one, don't mind the so called spoilers.  Consider this, you've mentioned that we've suspected this, and now we have confirmation, but what hasn't been revealed is, how this has happened.  That will create more questions than answers so I think that the suspenseful element is still in play.  Now when are they gonna reveal the new redesigned Jack!!!

Yeah I still think the suspense is still there like Arkham said, because we won't know everything until we actually play ME 3.  Unless they just show absolutely everything about the game and story beforehand... But I trust BioWare not to do that even though they almost literally did pre-release for ME 2.

I see Ashley's been taking wardrobe and hair styling tips from Miranda...