GTA V - Previous game online modders - a reason to worry ?

So I bought IV back on 2007 when it came out to xBox360, i played for a while but never touched it ever since since my live sub was over and i lend it to a friend.

Anyways, I hear that there is some hacking problems in GTA IV Multiplayer recently, is there a reason to worry that it may occur on V aswell ? I liked the online multiplayer on the XBOX LIVE versus the PC one because it was clean, fun, and no hackers were around, is this going to be like that in V or the other way around ?

I'm surprised nobody is talking about it in this forum, but honestly, will R* have any method to enforce the rules and prevent hackers ruining my and other's game play ?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

What do you mean "I'm surprised nobody is talking about it in this forum"? Have you seen the IV section? "ARE THEY EVER GOING TO PATCH THE MODS?" is a topic that is being discussed in the IV section.

-----

I honestly am so pissed at being blown up, set on fire, and frozen by these *** mfers than I could care less what happens now. M$ and R* combined have convinced me that modding is the way to go and they won't do *** to stop it!

-----

"A reason to worry?" *** YES!!!

^ its "couldn't care less" but whatever, your right about M$ and R* not seemingly doing *** to stop it, hopefully things will change although I'm highly sceptical due to their past performance..

GTA V won't have mods while the M$ and R* keep on top of it... IV is old, whats the expected lifetime for updates - 5 years - 10 years - forever?

I really hope so, since I cant get my GTA IV copy anymore I thought of buying a new one but after reading all the talk about hackers, I figured I would just wait for V, it's  a real shame it had to come to this.

not everyone is a hacker, find a couple of guys online and play with them

@UK, surprising response seeing as you said before you've seen very few modders. How many have you seen since your last playthrough?

-----

@Hellfire, and once R* move onto GTA VI, tell me, how much will they "keep on top of it" then? Same old story will be same and old.

-----

@Zeltc, it is a real shame. GTA IV used to be a very good game to play...that is until these *** cheaters (since apparently some modders prefer not to be associated with other modders; therefore, we have to come up with a whole 'nother name for them: cheaters and modders) ruined it!!! Cheaters / Modders = SAME THING!!! They are all responsible for ruining GTA IV MP.

-----

@Comedy, but a MAJORITY are! And the players that are NOT hackers have either LEFT the game or play PRIVATE. This coming from someone who is playing on GTA IV PC too...

I do see very few modders, only seen one in my last week so far, I can however see that it's affecting people more and more from the threads n the many different forums, I know that Microsoft no rockstar don't give a *** when it comes to policing their stuff and hope that with GTA5 they atleast give us a year of patch fixes and ban hammers.

@UK, R* will care for the first few years; after that they'll toss this game aside as if it was a [Mod Edit]

@Mods, have you never watched Family Guy?

Yea I have and that still does not make it right.