GTA V Online session problem - "everyone leaves"

Hello!

Whenever I try to play GTA Online, I join a session and after a couple of minutes, everyone "leaves" said session. It looks like it's a problem with my connection, as I also have problems downloading things on my xbox (the download "works" for some seconds and then it simply stops).

I have a wireless connection; since my xbox is a little far from my router, I had to buy another router to work as a "bridge", so I could get a good internet signal for my console. Maybe that actually is the problem!

Thanks in advance 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 84 Applies to:

G'day Crazy Pig! It sounds like your network setup is a little complicated. Would you be able to try a wired connection to your primary router temporarily, just to ensure that it's able to connect without issue there?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Misses Joust, thanks for answering this!

I don't know if this is equivalent, but some months ago I didn't have that second router serving as a bridge and I could play multiplayer matches and download content just fine, although my internet signal was pretty unstable! So I do think the problem is with that second router serving as bridge. Internet signal is just fine now, but something is blocking me from having fun online :/

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Crazy,

I hear what you're saying. The thing is, that something that is preventing your fun may be rooted in your router. By-passing this will help us isolate the issue

Let us know the results when connecting directly to your modem, and we can work from there.  

Sorry this didn't help.

I did what you told me to do. I placed the xbox right next to the primary router. It worked perfectly. So I think the problem is indeed with the second router.

Sorry this didn't help.

That'll do, Pig. =) Thanks for trying that.

The issue sounds like it's coming from the two routers communicating with each other, and then to your console. You may want to look into a wireless repeater/range extender to boost your signal instead of using a second router. This will ensure that the secondary device is only extending the wireless signal to your console and not complicating it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Good day Misses Joust, I've tried everything (especially the answer located in this forum) and nothing seems to work. Any Suggestions?

Sorry this didn't help.

I can sometimes be as a result of poor connection and you can try these steps to reduce lag: support.xbox.com/.../slow-performance-solution

there is also an element of failure from the GTA cloud servers as so many people play this game that they are often overloaded.

it happens less and less to me now as things have improved since launch. Rockstar say the next big update is coming early 2014 which will hopefully help again.

Sorry this didn't help.