GTA: SA cheap. Should I?

I couldn't ind a relavent forum and the GTA IV one is dead, so:

I have some spare M$P and GTA: San Andreas is my favorite GTA. I saw it on sale on Marketplace for 800 M$P but I have some quick questions for anyone who my have bought the Marketplace version (I don't want to buy a hard copy, saying it now):

-How stable is it? Do I need to worry about constant crashes? I've heard mixed feelings on this.

-Will it kick me off Live to play? Not a big deal but I'd like to know.

-I read that it has co-op. Is this the same 2-player-same-screen crap from the original version?

-Lastly, would you recommend it in general for someone who was a fan of it back in the day?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

- How stable is it? - I have the DL copy and never had a problem with it, though I've heard some people have issues with audio stuttering.

- Will it kick me off Live to play? - Yes and no, you will show up on friend lists as playing back compat game but you won't be able to see online status of friends etc as you cannot access the guide.

- I read that it has co-op. - Same old crap.

- Lastly, would you recommend it in general. - Definitely, still the best GTA by a country mile, compared to the yawn fest (imo) that was GTA4, it's a no brainer for 800msp.

Personally, I wouldn't buy any Games On Demand after I bought Midnight Club: LA, but GTA: SA is a descent game but none of the original xbox games feature online multiplayer support anymore. Original Xbox games also disable all online interactions during gameplay but as soon as you go back to the dashboard then everything will return to normal.

[quote user="Exx0 LeGiT"]

Personally, I wouldn't buy any Games On Demand after I bought Midnight Club: LA, but GTA: SA is a descent game but none of the original xbox games feature online multiplayer support anymore. Original Xbox games also disable all online interactions during gameplay but as soon as you go back to the dashboard then everything will return to normal.

[/quote]I can't remember San Andreas having any multiplayer element.

OP, if you are going to buy it cheaper, do so before by Monday.  The price goes back up on Tuesday.

A game would have to be REALLY cheap for me to get it off Demand.  When I want to sell it, there's nothing to sell...just delete.

I would like to buy it but if is the censored version like the Platinum ed no way. I rather play my PS2 version.