GTA Online: Lost its spark..?

Hello fellow gamers.

I would just like to say that I feel that this game has not lived up to expectations. Do not get me wrong, I have been a fan of the GTA franchise since GTA III was released on the PS2 and Original Xbox. However, I feel this games online has lost its spark, pizzazz, flair, whatever you'd like to call it. I am one of those players who will play missions online. Sometimes I play races and deathmatches, but I'm all about the missions. I am a bit disappointed that the recent updates, such as the Business Update or the Beach Bum pack, have not added missions. There have been plenty of races and deathmatches added with these updates, along with user-made ones as well. For me, this game has been a stretched-out disappointment. It seems like Rockstar is focused on dealing with cheaters, which I respect since cheaters and hackers ruin the game for everyone. On the other hand, there is not enough emphasis on heists or added missions. The online component has been released since October. I read numerous articles on the internet saying "Heists are coming, heists in development" but I can only expect that I will be brought back to the game for another slightly disappointing update. Sure, new cars and outfits are cool, but that's not the reason why I bought this game. All I want to say is that I had high hopes for the online multiplayer for GTA V, but the full experience is yet to be delivered, and I am frustrated as a result. 

Thanks for reading.

EightBall44

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

GTAO doesn't offer any form of longevity, once you hit level 120, you no longer unlock anything. You're then stuck with doing missions to earn poor income, racing or death-matches, you could just go around killing people in free roam but all you would get is some whiner heading to a forum to ramble on about people killing them for no reason. R* are idiots to be honest, they offer you the ability to purchase in-game currency and realistically there isn't much to do with that money. Sure, you can buy a car and customize it, you can purchase an apartment, get a haircut and buy some new threads but it becomes incredibly boring after a while. R* should have focused more on the money side of things, not for their Micro-Transactions, but because it'd give players more things to strive for. Being able to customize your apartment would be a start. I remember at the beginning of GTAO, me and my pal scraped up enough cash to buy apartments. He had more cash than me, so he purchased an expensive apartment, I bought the one next to him for a lot less. We were livid when we found out our apartments interiors looked exactly the same, especially as he'd spent more. I'm not in my apartment enough to care about the view from the window. Heists were delayed for far too long, they won't bring players back by the bulk when they're released and they will not add any longevity to the game whatsoever.

Just play in free mode with friends.

I agree 100% @synklare.

When I first got this game, I thought it was going to be better than san andreas because before the game came out, they talked about san andreas, and said it was going to have a bigger map and all this stuff. got the game, found out I can only have 1 garage, first time ever in history, money is hard to keep in a gta game, and you go online, its like they want you to think you are better off just paying them for the money instead of doing the missions that pay so little.

I see volley ball courts, and cant play them, basket ball courts, what the heck happen to bowling? why do I only have the option to play golf and tennis? and who plays arm wrestling??

and this heist thing that's "coming out", I am sure, even if it did come out, the money will be like 20,000 and more work to the mission than rooftop rumble. aint not body got time for that

Supposedly according to a friend on XBL, heists are only going to give you 80k. Bearing in mind you'll be working with three other people, that'll be split four ways, meaning you will only get 20k. Sorry, I'll give that one a miss (if it's true).

I knew it. 20,000 would be all they would give lol, rockstar  im already slowly moving on to other games that I have been wanting to play on my xbox, wii, and ps3. I have batman orgins, that I just started, I have aassassins creed 4 that has no end to it from what I can see, I have the new dragonball z battle of z, and now sonic 4 episode 2. playing gta5 is like meh, unless someone is challenging me or someone needs help with getting money

I have enjoyed online mode quite a bit. I must say though the side activities need to be added. On the radio they mention the reality on a commercial that talks about grotto in your backyard and a bowling alley in your house. I will say when April comes it will have been 6 months of online. That is to long of a time to wait to release these heists. They better be worth it and I highly doubt they will be 20,000 payout. If you havnt looked around online then you do not know that they ARE bringing houses and they will be 20,000,000 to 30,000,000 a piece. Some may be more expensive. The heists will come at the same time so you can afford these houses. Side activities are suppose to be added around the same time. I also hear the capture creator will be added. Also the ability to own a business property for weekly income which I might add was to be added on the business pack. All in all Rockstar has waited so long due to the cash cards. If they give us all the ways to make money no one will buy the cash cards. We would probably have all this stuff already if the hackers hadnt interfered. So dont be mad at Rockstar be mad at the people who tried to alter the game.  

I am mad at rockstar for many reasons BAD2020. I personally feel if they had not tried to get us to pay for the cash cards, hackers would not have messed the game up so bad. I will admit, we all know hackers are out there always trying to find a way to hack a game, so when you go and make a game that is much more limited to what the previous games have been, what do you expect a hacker to do? heck I even spoke with people who became hackers just because they paid for in game money and rockstar took it away and didn't give it back. and yes, the game is fun, but everything you just name that is coming to the game, should have been in the game a long time ago. the focus should have never been about micro transaction.

I can be mad at whomever I like? People who entertained the money exploits in the game grew in numbers due to constant nerfing of mission payouts and ways to make a decent amount of cash. Taking away the replay feature was pointless, why prevent people from replaying a mission that they enjoy doing? I don't condone it whatsoever, but if R* hadn't tried to push their shark cards on everybody, the problem wouldn't have been so big and could have been dealt with easier. I have looked online, I actually posted a thread regarding heists and other information regarding the purchase of mansions / properties, you can find the link in the thread. Six months to wait for something which had been shown to be in the game from the start is plain wrong, so yeah they had BETTER be worth the wait. If they carry on, they'll end up being as bad as Blizzard. I'll admit that R* have been generous with three of their updates, considering they were completely free and added extras to the game, that was nice of them on their part but what else can they really do when their player count is dropping and people are beginning to find GTA boring due to the hard lack of longevity in the game? Still, kudos to them for their generosity.

Dont know about you bro but I can play every mission currently at will for way bigger payouts than ever before. No one seems to get the cash cards. Just because Rockstar receives money for these people think it is wrong and Rockstars focus. Which isnt true. Do you really think a company (that is not EA) that has one of the best selling games of all time would be that money hungry? Of course you all do, but what if you got none of these free updates. They are free because of the cash cards. Its a great way to use the money to make free content and not have to dip into the rockstar pocketbook for a completed game in which their budget is im sure all gone. So cash cards being bought by people that are in such a hurry to get money but dont feel like earning it or free content? Your choice. If they were not buying these cards then we all would be paying for this content that we received for free. Not all video companys are like EA. Companys like Bioware and Rockstar try to give back to the people who love their game with free content.

This game has potential, but R* have taken too many wrong turns in they way things have gone. I still enjoy this type of game and with a few friends makes for a very enjoyable ime. It hasn't completely lost its spark, it just needs a big enough spark to start the fire again.