GTA IV giving me issues

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone is having the same issue as me. I re-downloaded GTA IV to my console and went to play it. The problem I'm having is that it takes forever to load and after it does load everything seems either out of place with it or laggy. Also the texture of the game is screwed up so bad that I have to wait for everything to load on the screen for the road and buildings and even sometimes the cars before I can actually go anywhere in the game. I deleted my cache I even re-formatted my HDD 3 times (I have tried to re-download the game atleast 4 times). And I'm still having the issues. So is it just me or is there others out there having the same issue? 

I would like to play the game without this problem... and also my sound cuts out during cutscenes and during the game itself. Your help would be much appreciated.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

My opinion is to get the disk.

Yup - I had that problem, plus you can get GTA4, TBOGT, TLD for $40 - then intall it to your hard drive so that loads are nice and easy.

Ah yes. The complete edition? I think it's called.

Ah yes my dear, the complete edition - it omes with a hot (!) poster that I love as well ;)

I won't be getting it. I have the original plus both DLCs downloaded.

You probably didn't know this but: IF YOU BUY EFLC or probably the Complete Edition, you will have to start at Multi Rank Level 0! This I confirmed for EFLC but for the Complete Edition, I may be wrong. Using the downloaded DLCs, you can keep your rank as it will becarried over to the episodes. How do I know this? I worked tirelessly until I got to Level 10 in Vanilla GTA IV. After downloading TLAD, I noticed I had Level 10 still. When TBOGT came out, I devised a theory and, when it came time to download it, tested it. My theory was correct! I still had my Level 10 rank even though I was playing on TBOGT. This lead to believe that "the rank carries over using downloaded DLCs". When my friend rented EFLC, I went over to his house and tried it. I was surprised to see that he was Level 0, even though he had the DLC downloaded as well. So, I tried it myself, and found out "you start at Level 0 through EFLC". Hopefully I taught you something if you didn't already know this.

That didnt happen to me. I was rank 6, then left XBOX for PS3 for god knows what reason lol, and then came back to XBOX with the Complete Edition, and my rank held. And now I am 8. lol. On my slow climb to 9 playing Deal breaker yo, hit me up ANYONE is you wanna rank up or make some $ with Niki lol.

I would love to; the only problem with that is probability my dear. There is no telling if I or someone else will end up in the same game as you. Yes, adding me as a friend will increase the probability and so will SUBMITTING POSITIVE PLAYER REVIEW, but it's still a longshot. I will gladly try to help you, as I'm currently a level 10 and loving it :)

Well you are my friend already - lol. Because obviously, well- I am just cool lol jk. And yes, I have preferred you of course, anyone that knows so much about Rockstar and Gta is definitly a preferred person for me to be around ;) lol. Well hopefully we can get a lobby thats smaller, not as busy - that way we could kick undesirables lol 0_o - I also find that when you change your preferences you can end up in a lobby with your desired player.  I need my star to shine a brighter gold than my level 8 star lol. I wanna have a pretty one like yours lol!

It will all be worth it, especially when you unlock the special costume change for ladies ;)