GTA 5 Unrecognized Disc

Starting last night 11/6/13 approximately around 4 pm est my Xbox will not read any GTA 5 disc. Status code: 03-57-00. I was playing it fine earlier in the day. Left for an hour, turn console back on and it refuses to read GTA 5. Reads other games fine. COD BO 1&2, Forza 4, Battlefield 3 all play just fine. I even went to the lengths of taking my GTA 5 copy over my brothers house to try it on his Xbox. His Xbox read my copy of the game just fine. I took his practically brand new copy of GTA 5 and my Xbox still refuses to read it. I've done all disc drive solutions, unplugging accessories, clearing system cache, and even left it completely unplugged from anything overnight. Problem still persists. At this point I'm thinking something is wring with the disc reader hardware. My Xbox is one of the original white 360's. My brother has a Xbox 360 slim black version.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 89 Applies to:

Hello

The fact that your XBOX reads older game disks such as COD, Forza and BF3, would indicate a disc issue, however, you say that both GTA 5 discs read find in your brothers newer slim 360. That would point me back to a drive issue.

What I would do is

1. Try some more older games and/or newer games you may have on your console, if these all pass the test of copying them to your XBOX 360 HDD, then it has to be the GTA V discs

2. If any of the additional games you install as per step 1 fail due to disc read errors, then it would point to the drive being at fault.

Microsoft can repair drives on out of warranty XBOX 360's for a small fee

support.xbox.com/.../warranty-faq

Hope this helps

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

men i have a greet solution for that just follow these steps    1 buy a new disc   2 put your xbox 360 on  3 put  the disc on the tray then close it 4 wait for it to read the disc  5 press X on the controller you will go to game details you will have to sections play game or instill 6  instill game and wait for it to complete 7 enjoy but one more thing you still need the disc to play your instilled game but the best thing is you will play the game without scratching it try my solution its the best        

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there mohmod rami 88!

We certainly appreciate your suggestions! Keep in mind, this thread is quite a bit old and the folks in this thread may not be experiencing the issue anymore. In the future, feel free to post in any of the current threads. Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.