Gta 5 on original 360

My new gta 5 game keeps freezing within the first two missions , I have an original xbox 360 , just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue and how I resolve it to be able to play the game ?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

How much free space do you have left? You need at least 8 gigs before installation. Do not install play disc. You really should have some extra storage afterwards.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Maybe the game is not that compatible with the original 360.

Sorry this didn't help.

It is compatible with the original 360.

I am currently using one, without the HDMI port built in, 20gb HDD and only about 1 gb left after installing disc 1 and it all works great. I only had a few pop ins during the intro scene where it pans through the city and that was the only time.

Do you ever experience longer than usual load times, the sound of your console trying hard to read the disc or disc tray related problems like it telling you the tray is empty or the disc is dirty error while playing other games?

Lens problems are pretty much more common the longer you have a console...especially if it's tucked inside of an entertainment center. You can get some dust in there and that would make it hard for the lens to read the disc...especially when the disc is multi-layered and your console is trying to read content, mainly cutscenes that are stored a bit deeper. You can also scratch your lens when using compressed air to clear up the dust too.

Sorry this didn't help.

Het bit long winded but try deleting the game/install data (the 8 GB file) from your hard drive and any non essential saves (if any) and download the game again

You could also try deleting any dlc as this has caused a couple of issues in the past, the content can be reinstalled when your game is up and running by viewing your purchase history.

Finally try the old favourite of clearing you cache as below:

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Please note you may need to delete your cache 3 times

Sorry this didn't help.