Grrrrr this @#$* game.

I hate to be yet ANOTHER whinger, but I am rapidly falling out with blops 2 :(

-

It has been weeeeeekkksss since I had a decent game without being lag compensated into oblivion and that was only because the Mrs was on the Internet at the time,I had a game last night where I rage quit for the 1st time ,0 for 20 HCKC on carrier, even zombies were lagginng last night.

-

I keep thinking it's only a blip and they will fix it......then it just gets worse, on the rare occasions I'm on the good side of the connection and a destroy the oposition I feel cheap because I know to well the advantage I have.

-

Does anybody actually know why this cod is so different to blops 1 or W@W? All I know is that I used to play with the  "local only" setting on those games which is not an option on blops 2.

This game is so much fun when it works, I've never really been a run n gunner but enjoy that style of blops2 over the campy style of blops1.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

-uh? What?  Huh?  It plays perfectly for me! Shut up! You just suck!

-all COD titles lag! Nothing new! We hear it every time!

-it's the theater causing lag!

-it's the servers causing lag!

-it's wallmart connections and super fast high tech connection discrepancy!

-it's latency and the geographical location of players!

......... etc etc ad naseaum. Funny how I can put in MW2 and play it perfectly, just like always, but this title lags so bad I can't do crap. Its poor netcode period. Never before has having a good connection meant being shafted, while a two bar connection means walking circles around people or dodging bullets if they even have time to react.

the only solution is to give up, or purposely create lag in your connection and hope you don't get lag comp'd to death.

You should take a break from the game.

[quote user="Khronokai"]

. Funny how I can put in MW2 and play it perfectly, just like always, but this title lags so bad I can't do crap. Its poor netcode period. Never before has having a good connection meant being shafted, while a two bar connection means walking circles around people or dodging bullets if they even have time to react.

.[/quote]

What I find funny is that when I played mw2 I had the same issues with lag, and the mw2 forum was full of complaints about it .... just like it was in WaW, blops and mw3.

I also find it funny that for someone who has a good connection, the 2 bar people run circles around them, yet when I have a 2 bar connection the 4 bar people run circles around me.

I was host the other day in some pretty crappy lobbies. I was the only four bar in the room, the rest were a pretty even mixture of 2 and 3 bars. I decided to test my new adjustments on my knifing class. It has a combat knife, 6 perks and a grenade.  Of the 2 matches I know I was host, we won one and lost one, but I was the top scorer on my team both matches.  Next match, I was not host, and had 3 bars vs mostly 4s. I kept missing all my melees and wound up horribly negative and on the bottom of the scoreboard.

I'm not defending the game or anything like that, and I'm sure some have it worse than others, but for me ( and most of the community playing each release regularly ) cod has always been a coin flip / connection based game. Its always been about switching classes and tactics to fit the connection.

Dont take the game so seriously. If you get a good match because of connection, enjoy it. If you have a bad game becasue of connection, just do your best and have fun. If you are constantly looking to blame something you are just taking the game too seriously. We arent doing brain surgery here. Our jobs dont depend on it. Contrary to popular belief .... doing well isnt going to get you all the wimmenz and most likely the one you have isnt going to leave when you do poorly.

This game is not $h17,It's just mis-understood

I had issues this weekend where the games start out smooth then half way threw everyone dropping from 1 red bar to 4 green & bunch of crazy lag goes into host migration then lobby closes with error message no suitable hosts found. This happened a few months ago as well.

^^me too.

I love this game Lag yes there is lag you just have to play the way it lets you each and every game.for my self i don't have that much lag in my games.but at times when am in a big party playing the game lag comes and goes.thats just COD play on my friends.....Just Saying

" doing well isnt going to get you all the wimmenz and most likely the one you have isnt going to leave when you do poorly."     ToG

thank god for that

Great post ToG, and on topic. Its NOT the code or the game would play bad ALL the time, which it does NOT do. The game matches YOU and everyone else via Latency and Ping (connections), so if YOU are getting thrown into lobbies with bad connections, MAYBE your connection isnt everything you thought it was. I mean that makes sense to me doesnt it to you? I will say parties surely throw a monkey wrench into that matchmaking (as you might not have been matched with some of those people except they were partied with someone who would have been/does get matched to you) and then there becomes the problems, I am thinking.

Yep the only time i get lag is when am in a party i love playing in a party so i just live with it.some gamers can't see over the other side.alot of them thank its COD all COD games have lag i guess this might be true.but when i play lonewolf i get no lag at all...