Grr.

I do not usually like to shop at Gamestop because I buy new not used preferably but anyway does anyone have any tips on how to take those freaking plastic seals they put on your "new" games case without leaving a ridiculous sticky mess?

Seriously its bad enough that they sell opened copies of games new for some reason but to put those godawful seals on there that they know leave a sticky mess is just really annoying o.O 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I think they do that on purpose, so you cant sell it back to them as used. Which is a crap way of doing business.

Also if they open a game and remove the disc, they shouldnt sell it as new.

take scissors poke a hole where it opens and you can pull the plastic off with your finger the seals on the top pull off  easily.

Throw out your cases and stack all your discs in a big tower.

This works really well, leave them in a warm car or something that will have the same effect and they come straight off with minimal sticky left.

I've got my letter opener. Works for me.

I can't stand when stores break the seal, handle the game then have the cheek to sell it as a 'new' game when clearly it has been handled thefeore making it pretty much used used.  I try to only buy games if it has a seal or cellophane wrap over the case with the factory seal untouched.

Buy some Goo-Gone?

Not sure why I havent thought about that, next time ill try to just use a letter cutter or some thing and just cut it.
Leaving the plastic on the sides is better than a sticky mess. 

Try using nail polish remover with a cotton ball or get those little alcohol swab pads they use at the DRs. office before you get a shot. You can get a box of the alcohol prep pads 100 for a couple of dollars at Walgreens, Walmart places like that.

I make sure when I go buy it, they give it to me in the original shrink wrap or I don't buy it. I ask them when calling, too, is it in the original shrink wrap. No way would I deal with a title sold to me at the cost of brand new, once opened. I find it crazy they call it new, after opened.