Grid Position In Career Racing?

Any way to change your position?

I like racing at higher difficulties but if I am not going to barge through the field like I'm playing bumper cars it's hard to get 1st place in 2 - 3 laps.

Is there a way to make Grid Position based on Qualifying or increase the number of laps for a race in career mode?

Cheers,

Az

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Once upon a time, racing games included qualifying before races.  Modern times are dum . . . er, simpler.  There is no qualifying in F4.  You are thrown into a predetermined grid position, and you can't even practice the track within the event itself.  (You have to go to Upgrade->Test Drive or Free mode->Hot Laps for that.)  I don't like it either, but them's the breaks.

[quote user="HypnoticCoqui"]

Once upon a time, racing games included qualifying before races.  Modern times are dum . . . er, simpler.  There is no qualifying in F4.  You are thrown into a predetermined grid position, and you can't even practice the track within the event itself.  (You have to go to Upgrade->Test Drive or Free mode->Hot Laps for that.)  I don't like it either, but them's the breaks.

[/quote]

Exactly what I was going to say... Bring back qualifying!!! Not that Forza ever had it, but it used to be a standard part of any serious racing game. I would also like the opportunity to "view the field" prior to entering an event. Yes, the class is known, but I've entered a few events with completely inappropriate cars because I couldn't view the filed before actually entering the event.  

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

[/quote]

Exactly what I was going to say... Bring back qualifying!!! Not that Forza ever had it, but it used to be a standard part of any serious racing game. I would also like the opportunity to "view the field" prior to entering an event. Yes, the class is known, but I've entered a few events with completely inappropriate cars because I couldn't view the filed before actually entering the event.  

[/quote]I believe pressing the Y button allows you to see the field. The X just shows restrictions.

[quote user="BeeDizz"]

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I believe pressing the Y button allows you to see the field. The X just shows restrictions.

[/quote]

Yes, pressing Y shows the filed... But only after you're in your car & have entered the event. Seeing the field does little good once I've already picked my car. If I've made an inappropriate selection, I have to quit the race or go on with a car that's really not suited for the event (even though it meets the restrictions).

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

Bring back qualifying!!! Not that Forza ever had it, but it used to be a standard part of any serious racing game.

[/quote]

Well, that's the problem right there. Most people who play Forza these days are not looking for a serious racing game.

To me, Forza has become something of a buffet restaurant.  It has a wide array of different things to appeal to as broad an audience as possible.  If you want a steak dinner though, you're not going to go to a buffet...you're going to go somewhere that specializes in steak dinners.

The buffet is fine when you just want a quick bite, but when you really want something more focused and robust, you need to look elsewhere.

[quote user="Trippul G"]

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

Bring back qualifying!!! Not that Forza ever had it, but it used to be a standard part of any serious racing game.

[/quote]

Well, that's the problem right there. Most people who play Forza these days are not looking for a serious racing game.

To me, Forza has become something of a buffet restaurant.  It has a wide array of different things to appeal to as broad an audience as possible.  If you want a steak dinner though, you're not going to go to a buffet...you're going to go somewhere that specializes in steak dinners.

The buffet is fine when you just want a quick bite, but when you really want something more focused and robust, you need to look elsewhere.

[/quote]

And, extending the parallel you've drawn, the wide array of contaminants we expose ourselves to when we eat at a buffet is staggering....lol

As a new Forza player, qualifying would turn me off BIG time. It would be a waste of a lap in my opinion, and I'd be seriously disappointed if it were required every race.

^^^Then you wouldn't have to qualify if you didn't want to, and could start in the predetermined grid order that the game uses now.  But the option should be there if the player wants it.

While we're talking about additions, I wouldn't mind endurance races with a better pit system.

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

[quote user="BeeDizz"]

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, pressing Y shows the filed... But only after you're in your car & have entered the event. Seeing the field does little good once I've already picked my car. If I've made an inappropriate selection, I have to quit the race or go on with a car that's really not suited for the event (even though it meets the restrictions).

[/quote]

No you can change your car and see the field BEFORE you enter the race. Just highlight the race you want to do and hit the A button. From there, BEFORE you hit 'Start Race' you can hit the Y button and view opponents and still change your car from that screen before you enter the race.