Grand Theft Auto V

I bought a The GTA5 game for my son (10 years old) and sent it to his mother out of state for Christmas.  He told me when he opened it, he couldn't play the game.  I got on the forum and tried to diagnose the problem.  I saw where you had to install the "install disc" first.  Well when he tried to install the install disc, he kept getting the message " Grand Theft Auto V requires a one time 8GB installation on an XBOX 360 hard drive or XBOX 360 formatted USB 2.0 flash drive".  So can someone tell me what I need to do from here?   It is hard not being where the game and console is to diagnose and fix the problem.  I figured that is where you smart people will come in.  Can anyone help me to troubleshoot this?  I had him send me a pic of the console, so maybe you guys could tell me if this version of the game has a hard drive or if the problem could be there is not enough memory to download the install disc........HELP 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I attempted to upload a pic with my post; however, I see that the pic did not upload.  

[quote user="HousingPlane2"]I bought a The GTA5 game for my son (10 years old)[/quote]

Putting the content that's in this game in a 10 year-old's hand is borderline criminal and at least grossly irresponsible.  It's more hard-core than a lot of R-rated movies.  Would you sit him down to watch Scarface?

[quote user="BLACK SABBATH"]

[quote user="HousingPlane2"]I bought a The GTA5 game for my son (10 years old)[/quote]

He's better off.  Putting the content that's in this game in a 10 year-old's hand is borderline criminal and at least grossly irresponsible.  It's more hard-core than a lot of R-rated movies.  Would you sit him down to watch Scarface?

[/quote]

Do you really think he doesn't know that this game is horrible for under aged people? why do you think he has a 0 Gamerscore, and why do you think he put that his kid was 10 years old?? I am beginning this thread is just a bunch of mumbo jumbo

Your choice on how to raise your child and my choice on not telling you how to fix your problem.

"Do you really think he doesn't know that this game is horrible for under aged people?"  - I really don't think he does.

" why do you think he has a 0 Gamerscore?" -Because he's not a gamer, therefor reinforcing why he wouldn't know how inappropriate the game is.

"and why do you think he put that his kid was 10 years old?" -Context?

" I am beginning (to think) this thread is just a bunch of mumbo jumbo." -Maybe but why the elaborate story?

I have no idea, maybe he is just another noob putting random things on the forums for people to see and ignore the primary issue and talk about the stuff that is just not right

I have the same problem installing the game.  Did anyone have an answer to the original question?

The message displayed is telling you exactly what the problem is:

" Grand Theft Auto V requires a one time 8GB installation on an XBOX 360 hard drive or XBOX 360 formatted USB 2.0 flash drive".  

-the message is specifically stating that 8GB worth of Hard Drive space is required to play the game. What you should inquire with your son is if he has an 8GB Hard Drive for his Xbox 360. If he does not, he will need to do one of the following:

1) Get an 8GB HDD

2) Get a USB with 8GB Storage Space

Umm, I don't see a picture. I'm not sure if you can post pics on this particular forum (I tried once and I don't think it worked).

In order to diagnose your son's HDD capacity, he needs to go to SYSTEM SETTINGS->STORAGE. There should be a value that shows how much HDD space is available. If it is less than 8GB, this is why your son is getting this message when he tries to install the disc. Unless he frees up the space, gets a bigger HDD or gets a USB with 8GB of storage space, he can't play the game.

Also, in my own personal opinion, your son is too young to be playing this type of game. The ESRB rating system is there for a reason!

Maybe he is trolling you all? Its simple he needs room on his hard drive or his mother put parental settings on the x box. Clear space or use a memory stick.

Galera entrem no comado só para os mitos

pt.socialclub.rockstargames.com/.../so_para_os_mitos