Grand Theft Auto San Andreas - impossible to play

I bought GTA San Andreas with 1200 microsoft points. Once downloaded the game on the xbox does not work
the first attempt to run GTA I received the error "disk unreadable" (but it is a rom!?)
at the second attempt, after deleting the GTA and rerun the download, GTA crashes and does not make me play.
I hope you can give me a solution to run GTA or to get my 1200 microsoft points. thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

If you could please go through all these steps. Make sure to read through them as a few of them may seem similar but are actually different. I know you said you tried some of this but I would appreciate it if you still tried this all again.

1. clear your cache and restart your console. Instructions here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache and if that does not solve it, then try #3 below as well. And then go back to #2 if 3 does not help.

2. Clearing the Marketplace System cache (not just console cache as I mentioned above):

1. On your console, go to Settings, and then select System.
  2. Select Storage, and then select your primary storage device.
  3. Select System Items.
  4. Select Marketplace System Data.
  5. Select Delete.
  6. Restart your console.

Try that and then delete and redownload the game if it does not immediately solve the issue. (Step 3)

3.. How to delete it (From dashboard > system> settings > storage >select memory unit with GTA > Games and Apps > select GTA game > delete. And then redownload it form your download history. See here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/962228

4. Deleting the game as stated above (#3) then downloading demos until it fills the space (Check to see the total memory space-GB-that GTA takes up) originally occupied by gta, and finally redownloading gta

5. If that does not help delete and redownload your profile. See here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/profile-move-delete. When you delete it make sure to select "Delete Profile Only" for the final steps. If this does not work, please try the other things again just in case.

Hope one of these helps you! If it does not then you will just have to wait for Microsoft and Rockstar to find a solution. They do know about the issue and are looking into it. Thanks!

support.rockstargames.com/.../20370146-how-to-resolve-issues-with-the-xbox-live-downloadable-version-of-san-andreas

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It also looks like there are multiple threads devoted to the San Andreas issue, ranging from "Dirty Disc" (similar to the situation you have) to incomplete downloads.  It looks like the game has been taken down and put back up several times over the past few days (with a "resolved issue stance" on 8-14, forums.xbox.com/.../294676.aspx ), and it's possible that the game might still need tweaking.  How long ago did you download/redownload the game before posting?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, nzabu. I wanted to follow up and see if you are still encountering this issue. If you are please let us know and we'd be happy to help! Thanks in advance.

Sorry this didn't help.