Grab the Flag, but NOT Capture the Flag ?????

Hope someone can help me understand this better.

Recently while playing Capture the Flag on COD: Black Ops, Our Team could not win. Someone on our team grabbed the enemies Flag but would not return it to our side. Instead he ran continuously around the map, but would not come close at returning or capturing the flag. It was driving me crazy and I even thought that he might be friends with the enemies and not letting us win. We were playing hardcore so I killed him, took the flag back to win, then I was kicked from the group.

Then last night playing CTF again with another group, this happened again. I didn't kill my team mate this time, I just rode it out and we lost. Can someone tell me, is there a reason why this was happening or a method to this madness?!?!?!?!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

They are most likely just wanting to get kills instead of flag caps.

I run into these people all the time, just like grabbing the bomb in S&D then hide somewhere. I have been standing on top of the bomb site shooting into the air while the guy with the bomb is hiding in the corner and refusing to plant. When there is 15 seconds left they finally decide to try and plant and ALWAYS die.

Could be a double agent for the other team too...

boosters.

i always seem to run into people that do this, usually they do it just to rack up kills (more kills=more xp) but recently i have started running into people that just do it to **** people off. i simply kill them a few times and trick them into killing me that 3rd time so they get booted and move on....also helps if you play with 1 or 2 friends

^^ I know I've done it before as a taunt.  Nothing like the other team running circles around their flag with yours haha.

haha yeah it's fine if someone is doing it to just rub it in a little at the end of a blowout match, but doing it just for kills or to be stupid is a waste

i know you cant place a captured flag unless your flag is on the base ( learned that out the hard way lol )  but yeah ive noticed that too maybe its a good idea to switch to hardcore

What Jag said, they were probably just kill-wh0ring. Anyways, if your playing HC modes, just keep stunning or flashing him til the enemy kills him, that way your not kicked. Or you could put on your mic and ask him whats up?

That is why they should have a time limit from the time you grab the enemy flag to capturing it at your flag. It should be 60 seconds. That way you can kind of force people to play it the way it was intended and weed out the kill seekers.

Honestly they just need to up the score limit in team deathmatch. From 7500 to 10000.