Government taking another swipe at gaming...

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/07/02/senate-bill-could-put-an-end-to-streaming-game-footage.aspx

Basically montages would be illegal. I wonder if fox news supports this.(Disclaimer)(Fox news has nothing to do with this)(Disclaimer)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Don't they have anything better to do?

No, its not like they could be fixing are mountains of debt or jobless rate this is much more important.

I can see how they want to protect intellectual property, but this is going too far.  If you own the content, you can already make a claim to have it removed, and to take legal action when someone is profiting from your product.  Is putting a fine and jail sentence on top of that going to help anything?

This will just cause the government more money that we haven't had in years.

i dont live in america but god damn thats just ridiculous WHY would the government bother with that? they should have way more important things to focus on right now.

Back in 2005 they held a "BaseBall Steroid Hearing". They don't know how or what to handle.

www.washingtonpost.com/.../A43422-2005Mar17.html

Its sad that there is so much monitoring going on in the world... where has freedom gone?

Inmate 1: I'm in here for murder, what are you guys in here for?

Inmate 2: Raping two women

Inmate 3: Blowing up several buildings

Inmate 4: Watching a video on Youtube.

That would mean no more Justin.tv!?! I hate politics so much.

This won't pass. The amount of backlash and riots caused by this would be substantial. Politicians just push these things to make themselves look good and then move on to something else when the momentum dies.