Good Instincts challenge on Killer Instinct not unlocking

Hi, 

The Good Instincts challenge (Instinct Cancel 5 times during combos) started roughly four days ago and I can't get to unlock it. By its description, it seems pretty straightforward: just start a combo with the Instinct meter full, and then, after a auto/linker/manual, press FP + FK. 

I tried this with all characters, in all game modes (VS CPU, 2P, Survival, Ranked, Exhibition), and even though the game is tracking Instinct Cancels just fine (I can tell it because "Fight Title Completed" messages pop up for 5, 10, 25 Instinct Cancels, and so on), the challenge won't be met, and progress is stuck at 0%. 

Xbox Support at Twitter advised me to re-install the game and its add-ons (in my case, it's the Ultra Edition), but this didn't change matters. 

In fact, it seems that no one is able to meet this challenge. Achievement and challenge tracking Web site TrueAchievements reports that among 7,399 tracked gamers that own Killer Instinct, no one got it, which is rather odd. A few people also reported this on Double Helix Games' bug reporting thread and elsewhere. 

If this challenge is actually glitched, will it be fixed and its time frame extended? Only 72 hours remain. 

Thanks in advance. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

Hey Hitomajiri,

We appreciate the info and I'll pass this up to be investigated. I don't have an eta on a resolution or if the time frame will be extended.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, Mister Fizzle!

Chris from Xbox Support on Twitter asked for my gamertag and a few hours later, the challenge unlocked properly when I tried it again. Checked that some other people unlocked this too, so at least for me (and these people), this has been fixed.

Thanks again!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.