Gone Gold?

Has this game even went Gold yet? Release is only two weeks away. Hopefully it doesn't get pushed back like the last two.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Details are unknown. If it went gold,  you'll probably see a thread on the front page.

My guess is that you should wait until this Friday when a new BattleBlog appears.

This game getting delayed would probably be the best thing to happen for it... Get rid of all the nasty/bitter taste the beta had and let gamers get Call of Duty and the other games coming out this fall out of their systems.

-

But, who knows. Christmas sales are just so tempting!

Its gold, it has to be. They also announced a day 1 patch on twitter.

I doubt it will be delayed for one they have spent a ton on advertiseing with the release date and two they need to get it out before MW3 which is released less than two weeks later!

[quote user="ColonialGUY"]

I doubt it will be delayed for one they have spent a ton on advertiseing with the release date and two they need to get it out before MW3 which is released less than two weeks later!

[/quote]

They spent ten million on advertiseing is the last thing i heard..

The official figure is 200M on advertising (EA footed the bill)

Not only have their spent so much on advertisements and on that specific release date. Delaying it would only confirm peoples' belief that "beta was a representation of the full game (glitchy, bad, etc), so they delayed it." I'm sure it will be fixed before release, which is why they probably haven't/have only just gone gold.

[quote user="Dusty Arne"]

Its gold, it has to be. They also announced a day 1 patch on twitter.

[/quote]

Well if they have a patch ready it must have gone gold like you say , or the patch wold be incorporated into the game already

I read on the beta update #2's comments in the Battleblog that the final retail went Gold already. Found it this morning. Plus they have put alot into marketing. People are seeing billboards for it. I was just afraid it'll be like the last two and be pushed back at the last minute.

[quote user="Bufger"]

The official figure is 200M on advertising (EA footed the bill)

[/quote]

So to break even, how may games will they have to sell just to pay off the adverts.? At full retail, the figure is 3.3 million copies.  Since EA does not get full retail, the figure roughly is 6.6 million copies just to pay off advertising.  Pls link your "official figure".