Gold points earned from games

New to Xbox world..formerly playstation please help..What can you use the gold points for? and where do you reedem them at?

Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

I assume you are talking about Microsoft points, if you are check the Games Marketplace on the Dashboard. You can buy anything from DLC, Arcade games, gamerpics and so on.

They're actually Gamerpoints...  You can't spend them they're just there to increase game life.  Some people use them as bragging rights.

"Gold point earned from games" are achievements, which is the same thing as "trophies" in psn games.  They have no value at all.  Just to show you've done certain things you've done in the game.

really necessary!

Gamerpoints are points you gain for doing certain things in games, just like Trophies on the PS3. You can't spend them, they are just there as an acomplishment.

Microsoft Points are cards or points that you can either buy from shops or from the marketplace and you use them to buy DLC, or Arcade Games, just like a voucher card for PSN.

thats not totally true, at one time you could earn microsoft points from games, when i started playing on the xbox system everytime i earned a trophy i got the same amount of ms points as gamer points, but alas that promo or what ever it was isnt around right now but i talked to a few people at microsoft and they said that they are going to try to bring that back again for at least another promo.

they too also remember when xbox did the above and even though they work there, dont know why they ever got rid of it.

there use to be a page on here explaining that the ms points from games are temporary and that they will only last a few days, but who knows, maybe that there was the reason to get rid of it, people probably complained about not having enough time to earn enough and Microsoft support probably got tired of all the complaints lol

^ does anyone believe that.

Hahaha, not for sh*t.

Why did "HE6LLSP6AWN6" drum up a 15 month old thread to spit out false information?  Let it die man.... let it die!

[quote user="HE6LLSP6AWN6"]

thats not totally true, at one time you could earn microsoft points from games, when i started playing on the xbox system everytime i earned a trophy i got the same amount of ms points as gamer points, but alas that promo or what ever it was isnt around right now but i talked to a few people at microsoft and they said that they are going to try to bring that back again for at least another promo.

they too also remember when xbox did the above and even though they work there, dont know why they ever got rid of it.

there use to be a page on here explaining that the ms points from games are temporary and that they will only last a few days, but who knows, maybe that there was the reason to get rid of it, people probably complained about not having enough time to earn enough and Microsoft support probably got tired of all the complaints lol

[/quote]

Never heard of that. Although, this was mentioned for the Fall.