Gold knight at firelink

So old whats his nuts in the gold armour at the firelink shrine offered me some "intelligence" but says it cost 3200 souls?  Does anyone know what this is?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

will somebody plz post ALL the secrets for dark souls, this is crazy. Btw, i hate all you guys.

AAWW DUDE!! ARE YOU SERIOUS!? How do you even summon them though???

I didn't see any signs on the ground nor a item to use to summon them. You talk to the folks right before a battle or something???

I wish I'd KNOWN THAT when fighting the gargoyles. But as CRAZY as this sounds........I defeated the both of them on my first try, Fire bombs and Soul arrow tore their asses up. but I've seen soo many E3 videos and PAX videos of that boss that I pretty much knew all his attack patterns before I even seen him in game. It did take me a while to defat them as I was just mainly dogding and moving all over the place hoping to get far enough away from them to shoot off a arrow or throw a bomb. Getting close to them was suicide. Man, my heart was beating like CRAZY son, I was sweating oranges, forget bullets, lol.

but to answer sagesdrum question, yes, that ring is TOTALLY worth it. Every since I got that ring I havent taken it off, mainly because if I take the ring off........it breaks, HA.

But its a great ring that increases your health, stamina, and weight limit. and it increases it quite a lot too. But that dude was hella easy though. When he rolled I was like......aaww dude, really, trying to roll with that super heavy armor on, what was he thinkin!? And what was crazy, he kept rolling TOWARDS me, getting up all slow, just getting hit all in the face. lol

Dre G, you didnt know! Oh man, it helps you out in a tough spot all the time. You HAVE to be human to summon someone, just like a real person, you can summon NPC's for Boss battles. In fact, you can summon an NPC AND a person to help you, so its 3 on 1 against a boss. Did this with Ex Smough, AND STILL LOST >:(

Dre G Writer, usually boss that are way too hard to fight by yourself

I went about killing him.  He seemed tricky at first then I realized what a dunce he was when he tried to roll.  Thanks for the warning. Is the ring he dropped worth wearing?

WWWUUUTTTT!! You can summon NPC's to help you fight bosses WTF!!! Why no one said anything!!?? Man this game has something new to learn every damn day.

So what other bosses can you hire NPC help.

If you haven't fought the gargoyles on the parish roof yet, the golden knight can be useful here.  

Free him from the cell, then go talk to him at the firelink shrine.  When you return the the parish to fight the gargoyles, you can summon him and soltaire (spelling?) to help you fight the gargoyles. 3 on 2 is better than 1 or 2 on 2.   After this boss battle, then it might be a good time to return to and firelink shrine and whack him.

Yeah his armor sucks. Its better to have a fire at the shrine and have your firekeeper there to upgrade your Estus. So yeah. Go kill him before its too late! But then again, if you really want to chase him, you can.

You will have to find him and fight him and 2 of his guards, I like having my bonfire so I killed him, plus I hate his armor

Is the better option to kill him first?  And does he stay around after killing the chick or do I have to go find him?