Gold Family Pack for retail?

This is something that has always bothered my about the availability of Xbox Live Gold, where a single account can be bought from a local videogame retailer, but not one for up to four people.  Though I purchase a new Gold subscription and MS Points every year, I purchase them at a store and am simply not comfortable in adding my credit card to my Xbox 360, but with a Family subscription it's the only possible payment-route.

There's no reason why Microsoft can't simply sell it in-store for the same price as it is on the Xbox.com Website/Xbox Live Marketplace, and it would offer them an additional source of revenue.  Please would the company consider the creation of an Xbox Live Gold Family Pack for retail?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I haven't heard any information about this plan becoming available for retail purchase, but it's an interesting idea. Maybe we'll see that in the future. In the meantime, you can add a payment method to your account, purchase the Family Plan, and then in a week or so call phone support (support.xbox.com/contact-us) and ask them to turn off auto renewal. This will make sure you aren't charged next year if you don't want to. Would that work for you?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I originally got my XBOX Live Gold by adding a credit card to my account. Two years later My credit card info was compromised. I got charges of over $1000 on my card. I believe my credit card information was gotten through My Xbox Live account. Why do I think that? Because all the fraudulent charges were for online purchases from Microsoft. I called Microsoft and had to fight with them to remove my credit card info. Last year the only way to get a Family Pack was to use a credit card on your account, so I did. A few weeks ago my credit card info was obtained by someone again and guess what????? The first $1200 fraudulent charge was online with Microsoft. Until Microsoft offers a Prepaid Family Plan Card at Retailers I will not give them any more money on for LIVE or on Live. Trust me I was not Phished.

Sorry this didn't help.

thats not even possible

1st and foremost there is a limit to xbox live transactions

and only last 4 digits of your creditcard are viewable on any account nor cna an agent even see your creditcard with 128bit encryption

2nd they still need your last security code which requires the physical card which is deleted immediately

and yes xbox does allow you to remove a creditcard if it follows the terms of use

while having a subscription if a creditcard is being used on a subscription you must wait till the subscription expires

or have xbox cancel the subscription then issue a prepaid code

this cannot be done on a 1month membership as there is no prepaid code less then 1 month you forfeit the 1month if you do so

Sorry this didn't help.

I never said they were XBOX Live transactions. They were for purchases from Microsoft made online. The first time it happened I applied for a card only to use with XBOX Live.  Two years later fraudulent charges started. The second time I used a credit card I had for over 10 years without a problem. One year later the  fraudulent charges started. The first card only had 1 charge for Microsoft Purchases of over $1000. The second card had one charge for over $1200 to Microsoft and then 6 days later a charge for another online retailer. I have four credit cards that I have had for over 10 years. I have never had any fraudulent charges on any of them. Do you think it is a coincidence that the only two credit cards linked to an XBOX live account ended up with fraudulent charges? Is it also a coincidence the both cards had large Microsoft online transactions? How about when I call support about my account and they never  confirm or deny that someone got my credit card info when I ask.them. Nothing is impossible, I think the hacking community has proven that over and over.

Sorry this didn't help.

No the hacking community has yet to decrypt the 128 bit encryption protecting the credit number preventing 12 numbers to be visible

even the psn hacking incident proved that

Does the 1200 dollars from ms show up on your billing.microsoft.com on your live account if not then the leak isn't your account  

If you look at your own account only 4 numbers are visible are you sure your creditcard isn't linked to other sites

Sorry this didn't help.

The first card I obtained only for XBOX Live and was linked to nothing else. The second card was linked to XBOX live, but was not used for any online purchases. I have a credit card just for that. I never said anyone cracked the 128 bit encryption. I said Nothing is Impossible..... Anytime a Company says something is encrypted, copy protected, locked and unbreakable... Someone usually finds a way in or around it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Randomly guessing your 12 numbers is impossible and would still require server access

Yet millions of Xbox live users have yet to lose their accounts

If a hacker could break the server enough to get the 128 bit encryption on a creditcard account then they can have all the passwords on live along with the credit card

The SVC code is not stored in your account Which is required by all retailers including online

The only place it is stored is your card they use it to verify and is deleted

Sorry this didn't help.

It is not impossible but it hasn't happened yet on online services like Xbox or psn

It would be a server wide issue not one account proven many times over with past hacking cases

When a server is hacked every account is compromised But proven during the psn case they couldn't grab the credit card numbers

However anonymous sent the database out asking users to try these emails and passwords on PayPal and social sites

You still have the card which means there is another way it can be taken

Sorry this didn't help.

I understand everything you are saying. I still believe that nothing is 100% secure. I am not just talking about XBOX Live. The smart individual once finding a way in would keep it to himself and slowly use his skills to bleed the system slowly and forever. They would never draw enough attention to make the system look insecure. The dumb person after finding a way in posts it publicly looking for attention and praise or goes hog wild raping the system letting everyone know the system is insecure. I just got a new credit card with a much lower limit  from a different bank and not a Visa. I will link it to my XBOX Live account and then put it in my safe, the same place the first card was kept. The card numbers could have been obtained directly from the banks issuing them or perhaps somewhere during the charging process, who knows? I respect everything you are saying. I still find it strange that my only two credit cards I have ever had problems with, were both linked to XBOX Live and both had fraudulent charges to Microsoft online.

Sorry this didn't help.