GOD license and installed games

Can i buy a GOD license for an xbox 360 game installed to the hard drive? I have two 360s, one for me and one for my girlfriend, but we only have one copy of Halo Reach. I would love to put a GOD version on mine, but my internet has a download limit of only 10GB/month. I got the idea when I copied some dlc and then purchased a license without having to download anything (prompted 'download complete' instantly).

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

No. There's no way to only purchase a license. You would purchase the full game.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Purchasing the full game is exactly what I want to do.

I can afford $60, but 6 gigs is too much for my poor little internet to download. I guess I'm just hoping that the xbox would think it's already downloaded when i buy it if it's already installed just like it did with the dlc i copied.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you want to download it, you will have to download the whole game, around 6GB worth.

If your internet is restricting you, then buy another physical copy of the game.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, obviously my internet isn't restricting me having a second copy of Reach. It's just restricting me from having it in GOD format. C'est la vie.

Sorry this didn't help.

Does your girlfriend have a higher or unlimited internet? If so just take your hard drive, or your entire console around to her place, sign in with your account and buy the game and download it there.

If you do just take your hard drive you'll have to do a license transfer if you ever want to play it offline, but that is a simple process from the Account Management section of the dashboard.

Ps. Get a better internet provider. 10gb is shockingly low in this day and age. I download a lot of content from the BBC iPlayer to stream to my 360 (can't do it directly, so its a download and then stream with WMP11) and could easily burn through 10gb in a week, let alone a month.

Sorry this didn't help.

10gb/month is absolutely horrible, but I live in the boonies. It's either satellite (which has a ping rate too high for gaming AND download restrictions) or verizon wireless.

It's no biggie; I can buy a physical copy cheaper anyway. I just always liked the idea of a game on demand, and getting dlc without actually having to download it was so easy I thought I'd look into getting GODs in a similar manner.

Microsoft should consider it as an option. They would have gotten a lot of my money by now if it was an option. If a friend came by with a game I liked, a game rental, etc.

Sorry this didn't help.