Glossy Xbox360 Models will be discontinued

A post from Majornelson stating that they are "actively transitioning all our Xbox 360 S consoles to a matte finish"

So if you really love the glossy finish pick one up asap. Once they're gone you won't see them ever again in retail.

http://majornelson.com/2011/08/12/the-official-word-on-the-glossy-xbox-360/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Actually, I have no problem with this.  I've found that devices that have a  gloss surface statically attract dust more than devices with a matte finish.

Mine hasn't caught a single fingerprint and i always dust it off at least once a week. Still looks brand new.

it's a joke i got it last week and now there taking it away ffs i hate microsoft and major nelson

[quote user="Dipesh Patel X"]

it's a joke i got it last week and now there taking it away ffs i hate microsoft and major nelson

[/quote]You got it last week, so what are complaining about?  Is Major Nelson going to come to your house and replace it with a matte console?

I love how you say you hate a company only one week after you bought their product.  

They have actually already stopped production of the glossy consoles it will take some time to make the full transistion so [people still have awhile to make that glossy purchase.

I propose they do a giant store liquidation sale to eliminate all store shelf Slims with the shiny finish by cutting the price in half.  All in favor say aye!

I see them having a price cut soon to match the ps3 price match.

[quote user="Covert Affairs"]

I see them having a price cut soon to match the ps3 price match.

[/quote]I think Sony is going to have to do better than a $50 drop to do any good.  They need to be hitting the $199 range by now to be competitive.  And I'm reading about the new Wii Nintendo is rushing to the shelves at a discounted price.  But they are slow to mention that it cuts out all Gamecube backwards compatibility.  I wonder what fine print Sony will have.

[quote user="fotyfoe"]

I propose they do a giant store liquidation sale to eliminate all store shelf Slims with the shiny finish by cutting the price in half.  All in favor say aye!

[/quote]With a sheet of fine sand paper, to make your own matte finish.

[quote user="Assassinator010"]

A post from Majornelson stating that they are "actively transitioning all our Xbox 360 S consoles to a matte finish"

So if you really love the glossy finish pick one up asap. Once they're gone you won't see them ever again in retail.

http://majornelson.com/2011/08/12/the-official-word-on-the-glossy-xbox-360/

[/quote]

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  I never liked my PS3 fat model because it was a dust magnet and could leave a scratch just from the pores of your skin!  I much prefer the Matte finish because it attracts less dust than something that is a glossy piano black.

Does anyone know if the model that comes with kinect will be a matte as well?  Or will the kinect sensors sold from here on out will have a matching matte finish as well?