Glitched Achievement

I previously posted this back in 12/23/2011, but it was never resolved so I decided to repost it.

My 360 was sent in for repairs and Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary was going to come out while it was being repaired, so my brother-in-law let me borrow his. I started playing offline and got about halfway through the campaign, and I realized that I had not recovered my account to his 360. I had many achievements, including "Heavy Reading" (Read half the terminals hidden throughout the campaign.), and when i recovered my account they were gone. That was frustrating, but I started over and redid all of the achievements up to that point, but the "Heavy Reading" will not unlock. I even have the "Dear Diary..." achievement (Read all of the terminals hidden throughout the campaign.), thus proving that I should have unlocked the "Heavy Reading" achievement. I have used the online chat services, sent emails, and called customer support. The call has led me here.

Things I have tried;

~Deleting all the games file from the 360's memory and redoing all of my progress multiple times.

~Relocating EVERY terminal in the game multiple times.

~Contacting customer support and trying everything that they have recommended, as well as the online ambassadors.

~Clearing my Cache

I am a huge Halo fan and have most achievements in the other games. My goal is to get every achievement in all the Halo games, but I can't do that with this achievement glitched...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hi There:

As far as I know ..there is no issue whatsoever with any glitched achievements on HCE. I suspect something messed up during your recovery.

I recommend that you run through the game on the easiest difficulty with a buddy who has 0 gamerscore in it and have him host. Also have him activate all the terminals and don't touch any yourself. There is a good chance that this might un-glitch the achievement for you as I have see this trick work on some other games.

I hope you get this fixed as being a Halo fan myself who is into completion..I know how bad this is :(

Good Luck !

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I know some other people have had this problem as well. I have yet to find a solution.

Sorry this didn't help.

Maybe try refreshing your system cache. It is harmless and it is a good way to cure software issues and Achievements would fall into that category.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry this didn't help.