Giving it a shot

So being a COD guy I never gave this series a chance. But after getting MW3 and being disappointed someone recommended BF3. So I don't know what to expect. Just heard good things and picked it up today. I just hope its good online. Any advise for a BF3 noob?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

words of wisdom...this isn't COD..it plays different....give yourself time to get used to how it plays....teamwork is paramount....at first you might "suck" and feel like the worst player in the world...you're not...just takes some getting used to

-

play your class...medic, throw medkits and revive, engineer....concentrate on fixing friendly vehicles and breaking enemy...support, lay down fire and ammo etc etc etc

-

go for objectives and the rest will eventually fall in place.....have patience and give yourself time...enjoy

Thanks man

I would suggest not sniping as so many new players do. Lol...My main advice is to make sure to spot enemies (do this by pressing the BACK ( < button next to the xbox guide button), and try to specialize in one class. Figure out what your best playstyle is, and use that class...level it up, figure out how everything works and what you're role is. Then try moving on to others.

I had a hard time adjusting from Playing BF BC2 and i was beasting in that game.....i did not like BF3 at first until i got used to it and had my Squad on getting things done. Work as a team play some Conquest you will like. dont lone wolf it unless you have to run for the flag if you cant spawn on a Team mate.What Parallax said is Bond and i like how he left out the Recon class no need for it.

pretty much what parallax just said.  Dont have the mindset this is COD, I can go Rambo and stack up 10 kills in my first game.  Play it slow, go for objectives, not kills.  Play around with the kits, look at the unlocks and specs for each one, and find the one that you like best, and use that at first then switch over to other classes.  Also, team work is key, so if youre a medic/support revive hand out health and ammo to those that need it.  send me a FR if you want to play sometime, I usually roll with a few people on the forums, so youll have people who use team work

Thanks for all the great replys I cant wait to get on and try this game out. I all for a different than cod experience.

Shoot me an FR if you want to run with someone.  I'm by no means an expert, but I got the gist of it.

I think this game feels more rewarding when you get in a squad that works as a team. I love being a medic and reviving my teammates; even if I lose it feels like I have done my part for the team.

^Yeah that's the best. I laugh when one of my friends will call out an enemy, like in a window on Seine..."dude on the 2nd floor, left side window"....he's watching killer cam and an RPG nails him. "Forget it...he's gone". LOL

-

I love the teamwork in this game...it's very satisfying when you overcome something by working together.

One thing that will help you out in gunfights, the guns work much differentl than CoD. They have recoil for which you will have to compensate, the bullets take time to travel so you have to lead targets, and at extreme distances the bullets will drop which you will also have to account for. Tank shells and rockets too. In addition to this it takes a few more bullets than you are used to from CoD.