Give me one good reason to defend Japanese games…

In the last decade, gaming has become more complex where we don’t want another platform, linear, or unchanged fighting game. Western gamers have seen World of Warcraft, Guitar Hero, Skyrim, Call of Duty, GTA, Mass Effect, Halo, and Gears of War with games such as Pokemon, Mario, Final Fantasy, Sonic, and Street Fighter remaining as the same linear, platform, fighting, RPG of last generation. If you take the time to look around, you will see Japan playing catch up with games such as Dead Rising, Lollipop Chainsaw, Catherine, and Binary Domain. I’m glad Japan is finally expanding THEIR horizons for once and playing OUR games as they have literally made nothing new or innovative this generation. So again, don’t act like I need to expand my horizons to the overseas games when they’re doing the same old thing as they were 10+ years ago even with the increased processing power. To all of the hardcore gamers and 80’s babies that resist change at every turn… you’re the sour and bitter adult group of today, it’s not the kids as they’re generally open to new ideas. /rant

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Man the forums ate my post again!

-

Anyway, as I said already in the post that vanished, This is such a Troll post. You have it around the wrong way, it's the 70's and 80's babies who are open to change as they have played everything already. All the little kids do is play COD. Most of them don't even know what Skyrim is.

Go to Japan and play some games you can only buy there and tell me what you think then.

I think the industry as a whole, can use some innovation tbh, but we won't see much of that until next gen. These consoles have been out for so long devs are afraid to try something new at this point. When we get a new cobsole then they will try new things. If there are only say 20 games out and you are starved for a new game (next gen console) then you will more than likely check out whatever games are available which is a good time to try something new or innovative.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Okay, so tell me why everyone thinks Catherine is innovative. I've played old, outdated, retro games as many of them can fit on a phone/handheld and they have the replay value of any phone/handheld game as well. Catherine at it's core is a puzzle game with options to influence story that are not new/innovative. Why would a puzzle game that is so simplified appeal to anyone when there are games such as Portal (1 & 2) on the market which have 'think outside of the box' puzzles that you're not just trying to move blocks and climb a wall? Binary Domain is a complete copy of Gears of War in the way it plays with Lollipop Chainsaw and Dead Rising being specifically tailored to the West with zombies. Again, Japan is doing nothing more than catch up, they're behind the times.

Why are you trolling? Why don't you post with your gold account? You're not ban dodging are you?

Do trolls post sources? What's wrong with a silver account? Why don't you attack my argument and not the person behind it?

How are they playing cath up? I find games like skyrim boring and un appealing. And Skyrim is nothing new, its an improvement on previous games of the type but its nothing new.

I prefer games like dead rising, lost planet and catherine over call of duty, , elder scrolls games, and so on.

I have yet to play a western game that had a story as interesting as metal gear solid 4.

Personally a good variety keeps gaming fun and not stale. there are things I love about western games, and things ai dont, same goes for japanese games.

If i limited myself to one or the other , gaming would be very stale.

I already did, I destroyed it in my first post. You know that last line of your post where you trolled the majority of the forum posters with a group attack. After all that whole line was the reason you posted in the first place. Because the rest of your post negates itself.

-

As for Posting sources. Trolls Post sources, some times they post fake sources like yesterday expecting that people won't read them.

-

As for Silver accounts, there is nothing wrong with silver accounts when they are the main account of a poster, not a 0GS troll account that is too scared to post on their main or is ban dodging which means they will get their silver banned too.

Again... Dead Rising, Catherine, and Lost Planet are Western influenced games made by Japanese developers. Final Fantasy is also being influenced by Western games at the moment. Metal Gear Rising anyone?

As far as fighting games... the only major change to that area has been Fight Night and UFC where they get rid of health bars, add stamina, and dodging. I'm not sure about Fight Night, but the UFC Undisputed games are made by Yuke's (a Japanese developer that understands Japan is lagging). Why haven't fighting games evolved? Why are they stuck?