Ghosts and the Family Car...

Ghosts has become the Family Sedan of Call of Duty games... in the early years COD was rough around the edges, not very smooth, but it was simple, fast, and fun... year by year, though, like with some cars, they tweak and tweak, run it through focus group after focus group... after a few years the car... and the game... you once knew is gone, replaced by a slow, bloated land yacht of a game... focus groups (screaming kids?) said they wanted more perks... fine, we'll more than double them... maps too simple? Ok, we'll make them all twisty mazes without any flow...weapons? Everything is cool, as long as it has a silencer... spawn system? We'll make sure you spawn right behind the guy that just killed you to get revenge, ha ha, won't he be surprised! Like the 1970's American family car, COD has become truly stagnant, boring, and just not fun anymore... for me at least...

I think the one thing that would save this game for me is a mode similar to "Bare Bones" from BO... no perks (amplify!!!), no kill streaks (Riley!!!), no attachments (silencers!!!)... just you and your gun against me and my gun...

Maybe then it would be fun again... until then, I may be done...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

What do you want, some kind of farewell?

As if anyone really cares...

My family car is 16 years old so I dont know what you are talking about.

Lol. You guys are so kind.

I miss the days of Call of Duty 2 and 3 when the loadouts were preset by the Game Developers and you had to use what they gave you. World at War was good for map layout and flow too. I'd like to see the series go back to basics in the next installment but that won't happen, everyone wants more and more and more so that's what they'll get.

Barebones or competetive setups (no KSRs, no silencers and certain perks) used to be great fun, but even the competetive MLG games use almost everything in game now, in tournaments. Thats bad IMHO.

[quote user="GHG Relentless"]

I think the one thing that would save this game for me is a mode similar to "Bare Bones" from BO... no perks (amplify!!!), no kill streaks (Riley!!!), no attachments (silencers!!!)... just you and your gun against me and my gun...

[/quote]