ghost recon name implies sniping, still have yet to see any?

My favorite part of any FPS is the recon class and I was hoping this GR would have me crawing prone and sniping my way to a good time as past GR titles have. However every video I've seen of the mp, everyone is running and gunnin with rifles. Even if you wanted to snipe it looked like the maps are waaaay to small and not designed for sniping. Which makes the title for this game almost insulting. 

So anyway, before I purchase this I wanted to ask if sniping is even in the damn game, or in the "future" do snipers just run around like bumper cars?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Plenty.  Even some co-ordinated sniping with your squad

good to know. I wish I tried the beta. After the trainwreck that is BF3 it's very hard to have any faith in mp games.

Trust me you can recon in this game, the levels are not as big as past installments but I have been killed plenty-o-times by them.  I am the opposite of you, where in shooter games I try my hardest to never use them.  

The beta may not even be a good indicator of the game unless you plan on focusing on multiplayer.  Sniping is much more prominent in the campaign.

Sure, sniping is possible in MP, but the other team has their gadgets to find snipers.

Only problem with this game's sniping is that its very noob friendly, much like Call of Duty. Anyone can pick up a sniper rifle and use it easily.......the sniper rifles are semi-automatic (like the Barrett .50 cal).

Miss the days of Socom 2 and 3 where if you wanted to snipe, you had to be good at it.

Recon =/= Sniping. Recon is about finding a forward position and relaying information without engaging enemy forces (unless absolutely necessary).

-

The Sniper class was first referred to as 'Recon' in the Battlefield games but it made sense as you were given sensor grenades to relay enemy locations back to your teammates and were rewarded for doing it.

-

The name Ghost Recon does not imply that the game will be full of sniping.

These recon =/=sniping discussions are subjective when discussing virtual reality. Stop trying so hard to sound smart. I understand your point but it doesn't contribute anything to the discussion. If it makes you feel better, I didnt see any sense of recon either. Just people running and gunning. I was corrected and told it's not all run and gun, which im glad to hear. Though it sounds like the days of lurking prone in the grass picking off flankers is over.

awsome

I've enjoyed the Scout class in MP so far, but my only criticism is that it takes too long to get the attachment which allows you to relay enemy intel (level 16, compared with level 4 for the Engineer's UAV).  My playstyle would be more akin to sneaking around, scouting enemy movement, and picking one off if the chance arises.  I could care less if I finish the game with only a couple of kills, as long as I'm able to help in other ways.

I had a match where I went 2-11 and 10,000+ xp and we won while one enemy player went 24-10 or so and barely touched 5,000xp.  Another reason I love this game.