Ghost recon kinect enabled ?

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier to be Kinect Enabled? Xbox.com image seems to reveal that it will be

Written by Matrarch today at 20:38 | Credit to JuicedBeaver

A couple of weeks ago, Ubisoft confirmed that Ghost Recon: Future Soldier would be delayed from its holiday 2011 window to early 2012. At that time, no reason was given, but it seemed pretty safe to assume it was due to the typical over-crowding which occurs during the holiday season.

Of course, it's not been confirmed, but the box art which just appeared on the Xbox Live Marketplace for Future Soldier might shed some light on another possible reason for the delay.

Go ahead and click that link. See that purple band at the top? "Better with Kinect Sensor", you say? Very interesting.

There's been no official word from Ubisoft as yet, but it appears that Ghost Recon: Future Soldier may be among the first titles to integrate the Kinect along with standard gameplay.

So what do you all think? How would you like to see the Kinect implemented if that is, in fact, happening?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I highly doubt it.

It will be intresting to see how the game will work with no controller. I just hope it isn't as silly as this.

[quote user="SilvaTrolAcc"]

It will be intresting to see how the game will work with no controller. I just hope it isn't as silly as this.

[/quote]

If you look at the picture it say "Better with Kinect Sensor" (or something like that) which means that youll be able to play with a controler as normal.

Dance Central on the other hand says "Requires Kinect Sensor" which means it will only work with Kinect.

As for how its going to use Kinect is anyones guess, mabye youll be able to gesture commands to team mates in single player.

They said it would use Kinect last year.  Am I missing something?

PLEASE NO!  Don't ruin a great game series making it for Kinect.

Hopefully it's head tracking. That'd be a great addition.

Shouldn't be long before the Kinect trolls show up and tell you guys how completely impossible this is. How they know the future and nothing will ever change because their imagination says so.

Most likely they will have a shooting minigame (similar to arcade shooters??) or during the sniper scenes in the game itself you will be able to use the kinect.

I don't think it will be 'play entire campaign with kinect' kind of thing but I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

Shouldn't be long before the Kinect trolls show up and tell you guys how completely impossible this is. How they know the future and nothing will ever change because their imagination says so.

[/quote]

If the text "Better with Kinect" means what almost everyone certainly  thinks it means, then it's just standard controllers complemented with some minor kinect stuff, NOT playing the game fully without a controller. I would sure love to know how you think you can control movement and aiming in a shooter with a good degree of precision with only using movement.

[quote user="PaNfOoT"]

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

[/quote]

If the text "Better with Kinect" means what almost everyone certainly  thinks it means, then it's just standard controllers complemented with some minor kinect stuff, NOT playing the game fully without a controller. I would sure love to know how you think you can control movement and aiming in a shooter with a good degree of precision with only using movement.

[/quote]

First of all I never claimed that it will work for shooters. I'm not sure why people always go to that like FPS games are the only possible application, it's pretty stupid to assume really.

Second, Having kinect and controller in a game is already progress. Blending the tech with existing tech sounds cool to me.

Lastly, why did you get all defensive when I wasn't even talking about you? I'm talking about the block heads who adamantly refuse to acknowledge that the Kinect has potential. The people who swear up and down that nothing will every change and controllers are the only possible option for gaming. Unless you're also one of those close minded people with no imagination?